Chapter 3: Life Changing Accident

Time Skip Of a few days before Stoick finds Hiccup and his long lost wife, Valka.(pronounced as Vull-ka)

It's been a few days since my birth, and I noticed that Bewilder-beast dragons grow fast until they reach adult age..then it kind of slows down. Not even a week after I took my first flight, I gotten big to point where I was too heavy to be held and and my tusks were growing in, though I didn't have any teeth yet. I can eat fish but only sardines or trout, anything else will fill me up too quickly and since I eat fast and protect my food(Like you're in prison..at least that's what MY parents say to me whenever I eat something) I would get stomach aches a lot. Luckily, Valka always had special...leaves? On her that would soothe my stomach and stop the pain.

I didn't have my red markings like my dad did because I was completely the color with a tint of blue near my legs and I also had azure blue eyes instead of turquoise like my father had. He loved me none the less though. Currently I was closing my eyes in pain and huddled close to my father who was watching over me protectively. How did this come to be? Let's try a flash back, eh?

~Cue Flash Back~

I was playing with one of the Deadly Nadder's children and we were playing quite roughly, but then again we need to. If a baby dragon -of any species- doesn't learn to play fight when it's young, it'll never know how to defend or protect it's own young when it gets older; that's why it's important we pretend fight so we can be prepared for a real life battle. It was when the baby Nadder took flight did this accident happen. I tried to follow him but he had already took off. I looked at my own white wings and wondered what it would be like to fly, I mean, all dragons use wings to fly right? I spread my wings that a little bit smaller than my body but the problem was that they were thin...really thin almost like the brown sheet of...whatever Hiccup uses to write on.

Anyway, I spread my wings and got a running start before I jumped off the steep edge of the cliff where me and baby nadder previously were play-fighting on. I flapped my wings once. Twice. Loss of gravity....and now falling. I roared in shock as I spread my wings to try to slow my fall but that didn't work. In fact when I falling, the sharp tip of ice -that my dad shot to create this place- sliced my wings continuously until I face planted on the floor. It was silent aside from the ringing in my head from where I fell. My horns didn't break off but a few miniature pieces of my frilly horns had lost their blunt tips.

I weakly roared in pain, hoping that someone or some dragon would find me. A large shadow covered me from behind and by the smell I could tell it was my father. He frantically sniffed me and checked me over for any further injures aside from my wings. I told him the whole story and that I WASN'T okay.( tbh I hate that some authors make the reader say "I'm fine" when they aren't....I would say "obviously" but only we readers know what...whatever happened that made the reader upset) He lectured me about how bewilder beats can't fly and that I shouldn't ever do that again. I agreed and allowed him to carry me over to where Hiccup and Valka were. They were shocked at my injures and rushed to help me. I was grateful for their help, also Toothless's and Cloud Jumper's assistance.

~ Flash Back Over~

Sadly, when my wings heal; they'll never be the same. Since the cuts were deep and almost sliced into my side, my wing's were like any other dragon's, they'd hang at my side. Surprisingly since my wings are like this, my bones shifted to support my damaged wings which was why they seem longer than before and might be able to hold my weight. Valka was the first to notice, then my dad, then Cloud Jumper, then Hiccup and Toothless.

They promised that'd they'd at least try to help me fly like every other dragon. My dad refused at first but after a little convincing and adorable big , he eventually gave in. Valka and Hiccup were smiling while Toothless was over joyed and gave me his trademark toothless smile with his tongue out. Cloud Jumper didn't show any joy but there was excitement in his big yellow eyes.

I didn't know it then, but me learning how to fly was going to change my life Forever.

A/n: Chapter 3 Up and Out! O-O that should be a name to a future chapter.. I'ma keep this in mind.

"I Never Lose. Either I Win Or I Learn". - M/n
I Own Nothing But The Plot.