Seven

Heart and Soul

The doctor shone a light at Jinyoung's eyes and instructed him to keep his eye on his finger.

As Jisoo was climbing down from the door shed, she lost her grip and fell. Jinyoung was fast enough to catch her, but the suddenness of the action had made him lose his balance. He managed to break Jisoo's fall, but there was nothing but concrete to break his. He hit his head against the ground and passed out.

Jisoo had been frantic. She shook him and held his face and called out his name until he started regaining consciousness. He'd only been out for about thirty seconds, and the sharp pain in the back of his head had started to subside by the time Jisoo led him back to the gym and told Minji what happen.

He told them that he felt fine, but both girls insisted that he see a doctor in case he had a concussion.

So now he was sitting on the examination table while Dr. Kwon did a few tests.

"Do you know what day it is today?" the doctor asked.

"It's Friday," Jinyoung answered.

"What year is it?"

"2017," he looked left as the doctor moved his finger.

"Do you know where you are?"

"Doctor's office," Jinyoung said. "Kwon Jung Ho, M.D."

He turned the flashlight off. Jinyoung blinked, getting his sight accustomed to the white lighting in the doctor's office once more. Minji was sitting in a chair by the sink, patiently waiting for news about his condition. Jisoo was on leaning on the other end of the examination table, doing the same.

"Well?" Jisoo asked. "Yea or nay on the concussion?"

The doctor discarded his rubber gloves. "I don't think you have a concussion, Jinyoung," said the doctor. Jinyoung let out a sigh of relief, as did Jisoo and Minji.

"And you said your head doesn't hurt too much, right?" asked the doctor. Jinyoung nodded. "That's a good sign. Again, I don't think the injury is very serious, and you definitely don't need to stay overnight. Although..."

The doctor turned to Jisoo. "You should probably wake him up a couple times tonight," Dr. Kwon said to her. "Every couple of hours. Ask him a few questions, make sure he's lucid. Just to be safe."

Jisoo gave the doctor a slightly horrified look. Did the doctor think that she was going to—?

"Oh, no no no," Jisoo said, waving her hands frantically. "We're not—I'm not—actually, Minji is his girlfriend."

She gestured over to Minji, the girl who was actually going to be sleeping with him tonight and, therefore, should probably be in charge of the waking every couple hours, too. The doctor, flustered, looked between the two girls.

"Oh," he said, turning to Minji. "My apologies. Well, you heard what I said, didn't you? Every couple of hours."

Minji nodded. There was a strained, polite smile on her face. Jinyoung jumped down from the examination table.

"So am I free to go?" he asked.

After being given the go-ahead to leave, the three of them made their way over to their respective cars. Minji helped Jinyoung into the passenger seat of his Lexus and Jisoo went back to her mother's sedan. She had offered to see them back safely to the Parks' house, but Minji and Jinyoung insisted that they'd be fine. So they bid their goodbyes there.

By the time Jisoo made it back to her house, her parents and her grandfather were already abed. She went into her own bedroom, changed into comfortable clothing, and immediately texted Jennie to find out if she was able to recruit someone's help to dismantle the decorations in the gym.