27

The three days following were peaceful and unreal. It had been the first time in months that I allowed myself to just sit on the couch and stuff my face with Cookie Dough ice cream. Sure I still had to go to dance rehearsal but I wasn't worried about much else. 

"Babe, your hogging the whole blanket." Eric says as he tugs the corner towards him.

"I cant help it if my feet get cold easily." I reply defending myself against his playful banter.

"Wait." He locks his thighs on the outside of my feet and pulls me closer. 

"What are you doing?" I ask trying to free my feet from his grasp.

"Warming your feet up." He replies with a smile. 

I continue to laugh until my phone starts ringing and violently vibrating against the coffee table. I roll my eyes thinking Kohl was calling begging me to practice with him even though we had practiced immensity the day before. When the screen lights up however, it's an unknown number. I look at Eric then back at the phone. Maybe it's an ad or something.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Ms. Emerson?" The woman on the other end of the line asks.

"Yes?" I reply not trying to hide the fact that I'm confused. 

"Ms. Thompson has been in an accident. We tried to reach her father but there was no response. You are listed as her emergency contact." My eyes widen and I sit up freeing myself from Eric's touch. 

"Is she okay?" I ask frantically. 

"She is currently in surgery but I cannot tell you anything else due to the fact that you are not a family member." She informs me with a monotone voice. "All I can tell you is that she is in critical condition and that she is at the Lower Manhattan Hospital." My hand starts the shake and I my breath shortens. 

"I'll be there soon." Not fully being able to comprehend the situation and no longer being in control of my body I'm surprised I was able to form those words. 

"See you soon Ms. Emerson." The nurse of the other end says before hanging up the phone. 

Eric rushes over to me and sits next to me on the floor. His face is full on panic and a deep frown forms on his beautiful face. I wish he wouldn't always worry about me. He looks better with a smile. God how I wish he would smile right now and this would all go away for a little while. 

"Eliana?" Realizing that I was having a panic attack he wraps his arms around my shoulders and instructs me to break. All I can think about is how Mila might die. Shit. Mila might die. My best friend might die. 

All I see is Mila's face smiling at me and joking with me about the stupidest shit. Her shoes lying in the middle of the hallway and me just yelling at her to put her stuff away. How she left wet towels on the floor in the bathroom instead of hanging them up. How she would take care of me when I was sick and laugh with me when I was sad. How she was there for me when my father wasn't.  

"Babe breath. " He repeats while rubbing my back. My heart beat starts to slow down enough for me to take in a deep breath. "Shhh" He sooths while standing back up. He bends down, lifts me from the floor and carries me to my room. He places me on the bed and opens up the curtain so I can see the street outside and the bird making it's nest. He lies down besides me and puts his head between my shoulder and neck. 

As I watch the people outside I feel myself calming down but not to a point of total relaxation. My friend is in surgery. 

"Eric she was in an accident." As I say those words I still can't believe it really happened. 

"Who was?" He asks with concern. 

"Mila." As soon as I say her name I start bawling. I can't help but feel terrible. Maybe if she had stayed she would be fine. Maybe if I had paid more attention to her instead of Eric I could have stopped her from going. This is all my fault. 

"Shit. Did they say what happened?" He asks worryingly .

"No. They just told me the hospital name and that they couldn't tell me much else because I wasn't family." I repeat her words. "I need to call Mr. Thompson." I look around for my phone and realize it's still in the living room. 

"I'll go get the phone." Eric says looking down at me. His frown deepens and he wipes away my tear with his thumb. "I'll be right back."

As soon as he leaves I look back outside the window. Mila. Mila. Mila. I look at my side table and see a picture of us smiling and enjoying life. This was a couple months ago. I can't remember what we were celebrating. God I wish I remembered

"Here." Eric hands me my phone and I search for Mr. Thompson in my contacts. 

As the phone rings my heart beat quickens. 

"Hey there bud. What's up? I just got out of a meeting." I take in a deep breath before telling him the bad news.

Harry's P.O.V

I wish I had known that El was Mila's emergency contacts. It would have made this less difficult. Seeing her break down was the worst thing to witness and I hate that it's because of me. 

"Babe you need to get up. The plane is leaving in four hours. We need to get to the airport." I was able to call in a favor and get seats on the first flight out to New York. 

Eliana moans before opening those brown eyes of hers. Seeing her so sad makes me regret having done what I did but I'm doing this for her. I don't know what Louis did but I need to find out before we get there. I need to be prepared. 

"I'll wait for you in the kitchen. All you need to do is brush your teeth and put on your sweat pants." I tell her before kissing her forehead. Her puffy eyes look up at me and give me a small smile. I rub her cheek and push her hair out of her face. I smile back but turn around because seeing her this hurt breaks my heart. 

I race to the kitchen and dial his phone number. Thankfully he picks up on the second ring.

"What the fuck did you do?" I ask him infuriated. 

"I tampered with the breaks. I've been doing what you said- playing with her feelings- and I finally got her where I wanted her. The only issue is that the crash didn't kill her like we wanted, at least not yet. What do you want me to do?"

"I'm not sure yet. Hopefully she will go on her own. But we need a plan B. I'll keep you posted." I hang up the phone and head El's crocs thump against the hardwood floor. 

"You ready?" I ask. 

"As ready as I'll ever be." 

A.N: Hey yall. 

So I went to the Harry Styles concert on the 2nd and let me say that man is fucking bae. Like damn. It was so last minute. My friend called and asked if I would go and I was so surprised my mom said yes because it was on a school night but I'm so glad I went. It was the best experience of my life. 

I'm sorry it takes me so long to update but school is killing me. I should be studying for bio right now...

Alright bye xx