In a Crowd of Thousands :: Child!Capper x Child!Reader

In which the reader is the feline Princess of Abyssinia and has a chance encounter at a parade.
Key:
(Y/N) = Your Name
(f/c) = fur color
(e/c) = eye color
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a beautiful June morning. The sun shone brightly through the stained glass windows of the Abyssinian Palace, casting an iridescent glow upon the floor. A small (f/c)-colored kitten sat on the floor, playing with her dolls.

"Mister Mendax!" She exclaimed, mimicking the mew of a fully grown feline. As she said this,  she dragged the female cat doll towards the male one.

"What is it, Miss Lilly?" The kitten mewed in a voice that resembled a tom.

"I just realized.. I love you!"

The (f/c) kitten proceeded to make the dolls kiss by pressing their muzzles together and making kissy sounds.

"Yuck, did you really have to make the sounds too, (Y/N)?" The kitten's older brother, Harold complained as he walked into the play room. (Y/N) stuck out her tongue.

"Well, you're gonna have to put up with it! Mendax found his true love, and someday, I'm gonna find mine too!

Harold rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Yeah, whatever. Dad told me to call you, we're attending the Dawn Parade. You coming or no?"

The small kitten groaned. "Ugh, fine. I'll just go dress, okay? Tell Mom and Dad to wait for me!"

"What was that? I'll tell Mom and Dad you're not coming? Okay, I'm on my way, your majesty!" Harold snickered as he raced out the play room, leaving behind a very, very angry (Y/N).

"HAROLD!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) sighed in boredom as she rode in a chariot with her other family members. The citizens were cheering as the chariot passed by, making (Y/N) cover her (F/C) ears to block out the noise.

"My ears hurt.." (Y/N) complained. Her mother glared at her, making the poor kitten remove her paws paws from her ears only to be greeted by another squeal of joy. The chariot stopped for a while, allowing the Abyssinians to swarm (Y/N) and her family.

'I hate parades..' she thought as she looked at the crowd, all cheering and reaching for the royal family.

Except for one.

It was a ginger kitten, who looked about the same age as (Y/N). He had a small tuft of black fur on his head, resembling hair. As their eyes met, the princess couldn't help but blush.

There was something about his mesmerizing green eyes that seemed to make her want to meet him. (Y/N) desperately hoped he would start to push past the other cats and run towards you.
But he didn't, and that made the (f/c) kitten upset.

The ginger kitten seemed to notice the disappointment in her (e/c) eyes, since he started to shout something to her.

"Capper!" He yelled. "My name is Capper!"

She smiled happily, now having known this charming stranger's name.

"I'll be sure to remember you! Our paths will cross again someday!" She yelled back, as the chariot began to race away.

(Y/N) caught one last glimpse of Capper, who was staring at her with a satisfied smile plastered on his face before getting blocked by other Abyssinians.

"(Y/N)? Who in the name of Abyssinia are you yelling to?" Your father queried as you turned your head towards him.

You smiled giddily.

"No one~" You replied in a sing-song voice, a blush still on your (f/c) cheeks. Harold raised an eyebrow.

"You feeling okay? You look like you've got the colds." He commented, looking at your reddened cheeks.

You grinned.

"Let's just say.. I found my Mendax."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
yiiiikes this was terrible ahahaha
anyways enjoy this book of trashy one-shots for a fictional anthropomorphic cat from a movie about pastel ponies
you can request one-shots over at the request page, which is the one before this chapter.
a few fun facts about this chapter:
mendax was the original name for capper
•this is based off of a song of the same name from anastasia: the musical, which i really recommend you check out
peace out yo
-amalthea