l o o k

the start

Namjoon never liked the attention. The thought of being in the spotlight, all eyes stabbing into him. Carving their own sarcastic remarks into the tan of his skin. He held his breath.

The professor had asked him to demonstrate a few problems on the board with his own way of solving them. He tried to make an excuse, deeming his method to be slightly unnecessary and possibly full of mistakes.

But the man, Mr. Seojoon, wanted to hear nothing of the sort and gestured him out of his seat without another thought. Patting him on the back before taking his own seat, eyes fixed on the board.

The blonds grip on the chalk tightened as he heard a snicker from behind. He winced as the loud voice shook the room.

"Quiet! He can take all the time he needs," Mr. Seojoon turned back to the board. "You may continue."

The chalk scraped the board with an unearthly shriek turning Namjoons palms sweaty. He heard another snicker followed by 'teacher's pet' but he continued.

Numbers after numbers flowed from the chalk at such a speed it seemed to be moving by itself. His full attention was in front of him now, no longer feeling the intense stares or hearing the damp insults.

His little world seemed to burn down as he neared the end. Little bits of happiness shot down by the harmful rays of human beings. A frown slithered on his face like a poisonous snake when he was finished.

|||

Riding the bus was never fun. The smell was okay if you truly experienced the fumes that came with the sight of a dead rat being eating by ants.

The smell is not what bothered Namjoon the most. It was the large amount of strangers. It felt like everyone was watching him. Just as his worn sneakers touched the greasy steps he gulped.

The seats were taken already which meant he was forced to hold awkwardly onto the swinging circles. His steps were slow as he made his way down the thin row of seats.

He caught the sight of a girl, maybe his age, quite literally sucking the face of the girl in her lap. He turned his head.

When the bus filled with the capacity of people Namjoon felt squished but he refused to look back. He wasn't paying attention to who was behind him but he hoped it was someone with a knife.

Maybe if he leans back a bit the person would take the hint and stab him a few times. That would be better than not knowing at all. Forced to stand here swaying with the bus and a possible murderer behind him.

An unknown bump sent him off his feet. If this was someone else's life he would have landed in the arms of his future lover. Possibly see the forever in their eyes. But this is Namjoon.

When he's knocked off his feet he lands on his butt. Eyes don't watch him, laughing and pointing waiting to take pictures. In fact, no one seems to notice him.

He stands as if nothing has happened and continues to his destination. Sometimes Namjoon likes the train.