The Ballet

On Monday, Miss Elodie was happy to see Sofia walking on her feet again.

"Happy day!" Miss Elodie beamed. "I hope you're in the mood for a belated tryout."

Sofia was surprised at that. "Okay, but what about Amber?" she asked.

"We'll see about that in ballet class," Miss Elodie claimed.

In ballet class, Sofia was reauditioning for the ballet. Everyone was watching Sofia dance beautifully, and Amber was very proud of her sister.

"Very beautiful, Sofia," Miss Elodie smiled. "You are certainly going to be our leading mermaid, and Amber will be one of your background dancers."

Sofia smiled, and so did Amber. Sofia got to have a make-up tryout, and Amber will be in the show after all.

On the night of the ballet, everyone was impressed. Sofia was dancing beautifully with her background mermaids. It was definitely a beautiful show. At the end of the dance, the whole audience roared in applause.

After the dancers took their bows, they went to change out of their costumes. While Sofia was still in her dressing room, looking at her mermaid costume, there was a knock on the door.

"Enter," she called. In entered Amber.

"Sofia, that was wonderful!" Amber beamed. She hugged her little sister tightly.

"Thanks, Amber," Sofia smiled. "You were a good mermaid yourself."

"Thanks," Amber smiled. "I wonder if your copy would have a pink tail."

"That is a possibility, but I wouldn't like to find out," Sofia claimed.

Later, Sofia and Amber met up with their family.

"That was great," James smiled, hugging his sisters.

"Thanks," Sofia and Amber grinned.

Suddenly, Sofia heard Hugo calling, "Sofia!"

Sofia turned and hugged Hugo tightly. "Sofia, that was great," Hugo smiled.

"Thanks," Sofia smiled.

"Indeed, the ballet was beautiful, but nonetheless, I bet you would've been good yourself, champ," Hugo's father, King Garrick, said.

"I just thought Sofia needed a little more time with the girls," Hugo said. "By the way, after you played that prank on Amber, you probably would've made a good villain—had there been one."

"Maybe," Sofia smiled.

Sofia really did let her inner villain out when she played that prank on Amber.