Chapter 6: Prey & Prize

SHIVAAN'S POV

Naira's face was an amalgamation of fright, nervousness, and apprehension. I won't deny I don't understand that feeling but I can't agree that I feel her. Staying away from one's family is tough but being estranged for so long and then being forced to confront your demons in just a matter of few hours is scary. 

" Boss, it's a video call," Rian spoke. 

" Don't give him so much leeway. Tell him we will call him in a while. He shouldn't bother us more." Rian left. 

I grabbed Naira to prevent her from falling.

" Shivaan... Now, what will you do to me? Please don't hurt me. I won't try to escape. I'll do whatever you say. I'll plead to Dad to give you whatever you want. I'll help you in every possible way. I accept your business proposition and I just want to get over this. I can't face him. I don't want to. I don't love him, he's everything that I hate... I beg you, please don't make me go to him... "

" Sshhh..... Naira... Sshhh. Look at me. It's okay. Trust me, I'm not gonna hurt you but I do need you to say a few things. Don't worry, you'll never have to face him. We need you as leverage. He saw those videos and understands you're in trouble so he might even yield and then when he does you can go your way and will never hear from us ever again. " 

" Do you understand? Will you be okay?" I asked her and she nodded. Then she wrapped her arms around my waist and I carried her onto the sofa. Rian came back at that very moment. 

" He is insisting on a video chat. He says that once he is satisfied that his daughter is OK, he is ready to negotiate."

" No video call or else he'll know that we're just messing with him. And I want him to realize the power of the Maliks. Once we get what we want we ain't hurting anyone. "

" Fine, boss but I hope you know what are you doing. "

I always knew the plan but this time I wasn't sure about it, not even 1 cent percent. I just nodded. Naira's hand was still resting in mine.

" Naira... You know what you need to say, right? " I questioned looking at her and taking the cell from Rian.

" I doubt whether I'll be able to do so. I can't do it. Please..." I felt as if she might cry. Then she did. 

" But you have to Miss," Rian stated coldly. I sighed. I dialed the number.

" Yes... " We heard his viscous manly voice. The cell was on speaker mode. I could see that Naira's falling tears had intensified. I wiped them with my thumb and asked her to speak.

" D-Dad... " She whispered slowly. I had asked her to show pain in her voice so that her Dad believes us. But, I realized she was already in so much pain and it would've been effortless. 

" Naira!! Honey... Are you Okay? Naira... Please speak dear. Don't be scared. I'll get you home. Your mom misses you. "  

" D-dad! Please... I-I want to go home. I miss Mom and..." She expressed holding my hand tightly. I know she missed her house. Who wouldn't? No one likes to run away from their family.

" I think that was enough Mr. Bakshi. I hope you look into the matter yourself and don't dare act smart. " Rian declared taking the cell.

" Where is Shivaan? I want to speak to him. You can't keep Naira like a hostage. I swear you'll regret it." 

He was yelling and I saw Naira's sobs intensifying. 

" Boss has more important work to do than to negotiate with you. We'll talk when you decide to give us what is rightfully ours." I was hearing intently to the conversation.