7. Death and Tears

And this is the chapter that will break your hearts. (I'm so sorry China fans...)

France's heart picked up when he heard the soft singing of other countries echo down the hall. Beaming, he turned to China, who was smiling widely as well.

They both began to run as fast as they could, until their hallway filled with floating lanterns drifted into a wider, darker, dirty grey walled hallway with a bright light at the end.

France's smile widened when he saw another figure standing at he end, leaning against the wall.

He stopped, causing China to stop as well.

Something wasn't right.

The figure...

The figure was Japan. However, something wasn't right. His white uniform was covered in blood, and he was twirling an empty stringe in a bored fashion.

The thing that put France off was the huge, almost cartoonish, grin spread across his pale, blood splattered face.

China saw it too, and frowning, he raced forward and began to shout.

"Japan! Are you alright, aru?"

France panicked and began to run after him. He was just being paranoid. Japan was a great guy! He couldn't have done anything wrong!

Right?

Haha...

Wrong.

Japan's smile dropped instantly as he turned to the two. He seemed confused for a moment, before he frowned and ran to meet them halfway.

"China-san! France-San!" He exclaimed.

"Aiyah! So much blood aru! What happened?!"

"...Romano-kun."

"Huh?" France blinked in confusion.

"I-I..." Japan trailed off, his eyes swelling with tears.

China frowned even more and quickly grabbed Japan into a hug, surprising them both as he hugged back.

Then, Japan looked up and glared at France, before mouthing 'You're next'.

France shuttered, wide eyed as China pulled away and Japan went back to his innocent act.

"Explain what happened aru."

"Chine... Back away from him."

China looked surprised, turning around to look at France. "Why, aru?"

"That isn't Japon."

China looked surprised, stepping away from his ex-brother.

Japan frowned, looking at France.

"You are very rude France-san, interrupting my game so suddenly. Tell me, how did you avoid my trap? You should have died back there."

China squinted at Japan, stepping even further back and moving into a defensive position.

"I do not understand." France told him, frowning even further.

Japan growled, before pulling up his wrist and looking at an odd piece of what appeared to be a mirror.

"Kuso! I had forgotten about her!" He snarled.

France and China took another step back, waiting to run. France gripped he knife in his hands, hoping he wouldn't have to use it.

"Who are you?" He asked suddenly.

Japan looked up, and they took another step back.

His eyes were blood red.