hong dabin // dpr live ✨ promise

welcome to the first story of my one shot stories! 💞

🔥: clean - angst + fluff
for; bbyull

Night fell and we were still stuck in the studio. It had been hours since he last said a word to me. He sat with his back facing me, headphones covering his ears. The clock had just struck 12am.

Making my way closer to his desk I couldn't help but notice the distraught look on his face. He hadn't eaten in days and he probably couldn't careless about what he looked like.

I shuffled next to him and rested my head on arms staring up upon his face. He constantly avoided my gaze. He ripped off his headphones and threw them to the side running his hands through his hair, sighing before planting his face into the palms of his hands.

I continued to stare at him hoping he would say something but not one word was said. I then sighed making him look down at me. I pretended I was suddenly interested in his desk, playing with a sticker that was coming off. "Let's go" he said abruptly in an demanding tone. He collected his stuff as I stood behind waiting.

The ride back was silent. The radio was turned down so low you could barely hear it. We had finally arrived at his house and as soon as we walked in he made his way to his study room. I followed closely behind and waited at the door.

"Dabin, it's late. You should get some sleep" I said quietly trying not to make a scene. He let out a frustrated grunt and continued to look through his papers. I walked towards him and laid my hand on his back. "Dabin... It's late.." Almost speaking at a whisper. "Yes, I heard you. I know it's late just let me finish this" He argued out with his usual frustrated tone.

My stomach turned and I quickly took my hand off his back. "Sorry" I studdered out, barely making any noise. With tears in my eyes I walked out of the room.

This had been the usual ever since he debuted. I've been constantly ignored and at this point I don't even know if he knows I exist. I can't blame him though and I know for sure I can't stop him.

I walked up to our bedroom leaving tracks of tears. The tears stained my eyes red and left swollen tracks around my cheeks. I sat there bawling until I heard footsteps coming from the opposite direction.

Dabin as slow and as elegant as ever walked over and hugged me from behind. "I'm sorry" he said in a slight whisper. "The album has been taking over my life and it's the most important thing right now".

An unhearted broken chuckle came out of my mouth. "Am I not important to you?" I spoke as my voice trembled. "No, Y/N it's not like that please..". "You know this is important to me, I just don't know how to balance work and relationships".

"No it's fine, I'm overreacting". I spoke as he wiped the tears off beneath my eyes. "No, you have every right to be sad. I promise from now on I will pay more attention to you and I'll never break this promise. I love you so much, you mean the world to me". He said as he snuggled into the crook of my neck.

"I love you too" were the last words I said before my lips were attacked with his.

———————

Whoaaa, this is my first story I've written and omg I suck at writing this is tragic. This story is for bbyull, thank you so much for requesting this it was fun to write. Sorry for making you wait a few days 😪 I hope you like it!

Please request more people aswell!
💞💞💕💕

https://instagram.com/p/BXLISZigxDw/
A little surprise :)
(just copy and paste the link in your browser)