Chapter Two

Second chapter that I've edited, as of the same day as the first chappie. This chapter doesn't have much romance, but it has kawaii thoughts from our lovely Al!! Ack, I just love him to piiiiiecessss! Anyways, enjoy ze edited chapter! <3

~FullmetalOtaku

***

Are teen aged boys supposed to feel awkward around girls? Cause that's how I feel around [y/n]. Like, whenever I'm around her, my stomach clenches. Okay, fine, I technically don't have a stomach. But I'm sure that's what it'd feel like!

Though I'm physically awkward all the time, being emotionally awkward was even more noticeable. For Brother, anyways. He smirks whenever I'm around her, and makes it harder to concentrate. Soon enough, he'll bring it up.

Great.

I never really felt this way. Never had the chance, really. When I had my body, I was too young to think that girls were even safe to be around. It was always, "She has the Cooties!" or something like that.

Now that I'm in this, I've been traveling more than I ever would've thought I would. Since we were taking a break, I guess I had time...

If only I had a body.

Maybe, if I did, [y/n] would like me back. Maybe I would be able to feel her hands, if I ever had the honor of holding it. Maybe, just maybe, I would be free.

I'm definitely not free in this stupid armor.

The thought that she would love me anyways, even if we did just meet her, was just ridiculous. She didn't know me that well, and yet, I had the most giant crush on her in the world. This was the first time I've felt so amazing, so light...

"Brother," I speak hopefully, praying that he was still awake. Apparently, he was. To my complete surprise, of course. He sleeps incredibly deep.

"Yeah, Al?" he asks groggily, sounding completely sleep deprived. I sigh, and decide that I really needed to talk to someone. Even if that meant they'd be awake. Man, I just hated myself sometimes. The crappy, self-centered decisions I made sometimes.

"Um....I don't know if you noticed......but I......"

"Really like [y/n]," Brother finishes for me, making me feel embarrassed, yet relieved. "Yeah, I can tell."

"It's that obvious?" I ask sheepishly, staring at the dark ceiling and feeling myself blush. It was strange, feeling so strongly about something.... The only thing I really believed in so determinedly was getting my body back. 

"Well, yes," Brother admits. "You act differently around her. Like a cute little school boy, who has a cute little school boy crush!!"

"I........" I take a deep breath, complete and utter embarrassment taking over my mind in its entirety. "Well, I just don't feel like she'd like me back."

"Why not?" Brother mutters, turning around in his bed. His sheets rustle loudly, and I tense a bit. My armor makes small noises as I do so, and that's the only way I know I made a sudden movement. I can't feel my muscles, because I don't physically have any.

"I'm all metal, Brother," I state stiffly, sounding completely resentful. I didn't want to sound that way... "I mean....I-I meant....uhm..."

"I know what you mean," Brother interrupts. "I'm not sure a girl would like to date a suit of armor."

"That was harsh," I point out, suddenly feeling self-conscious. "I know she probably wouldn't, but still!" I hated how easily he could say, and accept that. He wasn't seeing things the way I did, because the way I saw it, was that I can't accept something so true just yet. I don't want to.

"Sorry," Brother grunts, not sounding like he particularly cared. "Didn't mean it that way."

"How could you mean it any other way?" I inquire, feeling slightly upset. "There isn't any other way to state that, is there?"

"Just get some sleep," Brother mumbles. Anger boils inside of me, and I can't take it anymore. I just....can't.

"I CAN'T SLEEP!" I yell, then stop myself. I was acting childish. I shouldn't be taking out my anger on my brother, who immediately sat up right then and was staring at me.

"Alphonse, are you mad?" he asks.

"Duh," I blurt, before I could stop myself. I sigh at my carelessness. "Well, no, I guess-" Edward knew better than that.

"I know you're mad," Brother interrupts. "I'm sorry that you feel that way. But if you care so much, then you should just go ask her."

"I just met her," I point out, causing Brother to chuckle. "And what am I supposed to ask her, anyways? To go out with me?"

"You're such a pessimist," he grins through the darkness. "If you like her, talk to her! Okay? Make friends with her, if you can't just man up and take her on a date!"

"A-alright...." I stammer, already feeling nervous at the prospect of speaking to her the next day. "I'm sorry to wake you, Brother."

"That's alright," he mumbles, voice muffled by the pillow. "See you in the morning?"

"Yeah." I nod, staring at the blank ceiling. "See you."

And for the rest of the night, I stress about what I'll say to [y/n]. Because already, she was that important to me.

That was just even more confusing. But, in situations such as these, who said you ever had to know what was going on?

And the mere image of her, makes these sleepless nights seem less lonely.