Chapter 31

XiuYing's pov

"I don't like you skipping class, but this is an exception." My brother said.

"I don't wish to skip Chemistry class either." I roll my eyes.

With Jimin sitting beside me at the back seat, JongSuk drives us to our dad's company. We make our way towards the elevator, going up to the office. JongSuk knock on the wooden door and open it, I follow behind. Jimin will be waiting outside for us.

"Dad." Both of us called in unison.

"Quick, take a seat." Our dad rushes us.

"What is it? It sounds important." JongSuk said.

"Someone sent me this document." He pass the yellow folder to my brother.

Taking out the papers inside, we read the document together.

"Isn't this the one V showed me? The DNA report!" I read in shock.

"V?" I forgot that my dad doesn't know V.

"A friend of mine. He showed me the exact same thing." I examine the report.

"You both knew about this?" My dad asked.

"Yeah, she told me a few days ago." JongSuk said.

"I can't believe that your step-mom and JiYeon lied to me all these while." Feeling frustrated, my dad slam his palm on the chair.

"Her real dad is the 2nd richest CEO. I think they are trying to bring us down." I guessed.

"The folder indicate an inverted V. Do you think it's the initials of the sender?" JongSuk shows us the folder.

Just then, there is a knock on the door. My dad's assistant comes in with someone.

"Sir, there is someone who wants to meet you urgently." She informed.

"V?! Why are you here?" My eyes widen in surprise.

"Greetings sir, you can consider me as someone helpful." V bowed.

The assistant leave the office under my dad's orders. My eyes follow V as he sits opposite my brother and I.

"You skipped school?" I'm so confused.

He just smile, not answering my question.

"Sir, I'm sure you are having a problem right now. I can give you a helping hand. Before we discuss this further, I would like to introduce myself. My name is V, the person who sent you that folder." He bows again.

"Aren't you my daughter's friend?" My dad questioned.

"Yeah. But I'm here not as her friend. I'm here as someone you can rely on." V spoke.

JongSuk and I remain silent, listening to their conversation.

"Someone I can rely on? How did you know about my problems? Aren't you a high schooler? What can you help with?" My dad eye him suspiciously.

"You see, I'm not just a normal student. It's not time for me to reveal my identity yet. But, please understand my stand. I want to help your company, it's that simple." V sounded so professional.

V rummage his bag for another folder, handing it over to my dad. Curious, my dad open it, taking out a recorder. He press on the 'play' button.

--------------------------------

"I heard that the 3rd richest CEO is catching up with your company."

"Yeah. I'm going to get rid- No, I mean I'm going to work hard to widen the gap. Don't worry."

--------------------------------

"What is this?"

"It's a conversation between that CEO and I. If I'm not wrong, he wants to get rid of your company."

"How can I trust you? Your identity is mysterious."

"If you don't, it's your loss. The choice is in your hands."

"Hmmm...But, why do you want to help me?"

"I'm someone who can't stand injustice. I'm just doing everyone a favour."

"Okay. How are you going to help?"

"I have all the evidences in my hands. You do not have to worry anything, I'll handle everything. I'm showing you all these just to warn you about JiYeon and her family."

"You're really something. Fine, I'm going to trust you in this. Thank you, V."

"No worries, it's my pleasure to help."

JongSuk, V and I exit the office, meeting Jimin outside.

"I know you guys have a lot of questions to ask. But I can't reveal my identity. I'm sorry about this but you guys will know soon." V said.

We sigh, holding back our questions.

Vance's pov

Days pass by, I continue to observe JiYeon and her real dad. I overslept today due to exhaustion. Today, JiYeon is heading to somewhere deserted. I have a hunch that something bad is going to happen. Checking my member's location at the same time, I notice that Jimin is heading to where JiYeon is.

"Did something happen?" I begin to panic.

"Follow her." I instructed one of my men.

Running up to my room to get my phone, I dialled XiuYing's number thrice. There's no answer.

"Shit!"

"Get my car ready." I told my chauffeur as I speed walk down the stairs.

On the way, I dialled Jimin's number. He didn't pick up the phone. I continue to monitor Jimin's car, he is 1km away from JiYeon. Things aren't going smoothly for my side, there is a huge traffic as it's peak hour.

"Damn it! Is there another short cut?" I cursed out loud.

"Sorry sir, there isn't." My chauffeur said.

Jimin's pov

Lying on my bed comfortably, I imagine the scenes about XiuYing when she comes to my party. Just by imagining already make me squeal in excitement. My thoughts are disturbed by a message from JiYeon.

Want to get XiuYing back? Meet me at this address in 30min, ALONE.

"What the hell? Is this a prank?"

Immediately, I call XiuYing but there's no answer. Another message came.

Don't waste your time calling her. She's here with me. Time is precious, boy ;)

A wave of futile rage swept over me. I reply her.

YOU'RE SICK!!

I grab my coat and rush out of the house, ignoring the questions from my members. Driving towards the location she sent, I increase the speed, wanting to get there within the time limit. Arriving at a deserted forest, I get down to explore the place, being wary of my surroundings.

"WHERE ARE YOU?! STOP MESSING AROUND! WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" I shouted.

In an instant, I got hit on the head, losing my consciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
credits to owner for the video🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️