Chapter 08: Fortuitous Adventure at the Bottom of the Lake

Huang Xiaolong stared at the several pieces of Yang fruit, eyes aflame with desire. His throat convulsed nervously and then turned towards the Violet Devourer Spirit Monkey as he finally understood why this little violet monkey brought him over.

The several pieces of Yang Fruit were about twenty to thirty meters high on the cliff. This little guy could only look but was unable to eat, thus bringing him over to help pick the fruits.

"Little guy, you brought me over here to help you pick these Yang fruits?" Huang Xiaolong asked.

"Hoo Hoo Hoo!" Delight showed in the little violet monkey's eyes as it nodded enthusiastically.

Huang Xiaolong smiled. This little guy was truly quite cute. Turning back towards the Yang fruits that were more than twenty meters up on the cliff, he surveyed the surroundings.

The cliff wall was smooth all the way up to the peak and it almost had no spots to firmly grab hold of. Picking the twenty meter high fruits was no easy task, especially for the current Huang Xiaolong.

Moments later, Huang Xiaolong leaped up. Reaching to a height of about four to five meters, his fingers bent into a claw-shape and his fingertips sunk into the cliff wall. However, the cliff wall was rock-hard and his fingers only managed to insert a few millimeters deep, but it was enough to support his small body while dangling mid-air.

Subsequently, he did the same with his left hand, bending his fingers into claws and inserted them higher up into the cliff wall, stabilizing his body. Just like this, one step at a time, Huang Xiaolong slowly climbed towards to Yang fruits.

Every step of the way, he needed to exert his internal force to support his body, making it extremely strenuous. When he passed the ten-meter mark he was already panting heavily, his speed slowing down.

On the ground, the cheerful squeaking little violet monkey quieted down. The pair of light blue eyes gazed worriedly at Huang Xiaolong's silhouette as if it was worried Huang Xiaolong may tumble down at any time.

Under the watchful eyes of the Violet Devourer Spirit Monkey, Huang Xiaolong's small, thin body finally reached the Yang fruit after he climbed over twenty meters in height. Looking at the five pieces of Yang fruit in front of him, Huang Xiaolong's eyes shined brightly as he carefully withdrew a small cloth that he prepared earlier, gently picking the Yang fruits one by one before placing them into the small piece of cloth and wrapping them carefully, then finally leaping off to the ground.

Huang Xiaolong tapped his foot a few times against the cliff wall to reduce his landing speed while in mid-air on the way down.

Seeing him successfully pick the Yang fruits, the little violet monkey started squeaking cheerfully, gesturing happily with his little paws.

After demonstrating its delight, the little violet monkey calmed down and started staring pitifully at the little cloth bundle in Huang Xialong's hands that held the Yang fruits.

"Little guy, catch!" Huang Xiaolong could not help but laugh at the antics of the little violet monkey. Removing two pieces of Yang fruit from the cloth bundle, he threw it over. The little violet monkey leaped up and caught both fruits, one in each hand. Giving Huang Xiaolong a happy cry, it went to a corner and swallowed both fruits before sitting down to absorb the spiritual energy from the Yang fruits.

Seeing the little violet monkey running a cultivation technique to absorb the energy from the fruit, Huang Xiaolong was not surprised. Most spiritual beasts could cultivate, not to mention the Violet Devourer Spirit Monkey which was a rare, top-tier spirit beast.

Without disturbing the little violet monkey, Huang Xiaolong surveyed the surrounding valley and after determining that it was safe, he too sat down on the side and took out a piece of Yang fruit and swallowed it, running the Xuan Qin cultivation technique to absorb the fruit's energy.