Chapter 10: Thousand Year Old Leirion Heart Grass

"Buy from where?" Listening to his sister's gleeful scream, Huang Xiaolong shook his head and laughed, thinking that this Violet Devourer Spirit Monkey is a rare spirit beast, something you can't buy even if you have lots of money.

"Hoo Hoo Haa!" The little violet monkey squeaked shrilly in protest at Huang Min for calling him 'little monkey', startling Huang Min whose hand was reaching out wanting to pet it.

After being startled momentarily, Huang Min widened her eyes and stared angrily at the Violet Devourer Spirit Monkey; it was the beginning of a staring contest between a little monkey and a little girl.

With much difficulty, some time later, Huang Xiaolong managed to escape from Huang Min and, looking back towards Huang Min's departing silhouette, he breathed out a heavy sigh of relief.

Back in his room, removing the little monkey from his shoulder, he took out the cold jade bed from the Asura Ring's space, and sat cross-legged atop it, starting his first practice according to Asura Tactics first layer.

Shortly after running the Asura Tactics technique, a nefarious cold chill broke out as if it came from the deepest nether of hell, shrouding Huang Xiaolong within. This spiritual energy was continuously being swallowed by his double-headed serpent martial spirit and then channeled into Huang Xiaolong's meridians.

As the nefarious frigid cold entered Huang Xiaolong's body, he couldn't help but shiver, feeling like he was being buried under a thousand feet glacier. Huang Xiaolong's heart tightened, quickly forging his mind and will, he persisted in running Asura Tactics to refine the cold frigid energy.

This frigid energy moved extremely slow alongside Huang Xiaolong's meridians, every inch it passed, his blood felt like it was about to freeze up.

Gritting his teeth, Huang Xiaolong persevered; running the Asura Tactics' first layer cultivation technique, repeating it over and over. After a long time, the frigid cold sensation lessened and the energy inside his body was refined into pure battle qi.

The moment the cold frigid energy successfully converted into battle qi, Huang Xiaolong realized that it only took half an hour's time. Compared to the Xuan Qin cultivation technique, the results were ten times better!

This discovery was much to Huang Xiaolong's liking: "Looks like what the note says is true. Although the netherworld's spiritual energy is hard to refine, once successful, the benefits are huge!"

The note kept in the spine of Asura Tactics book stated that practicing the Asura Tactics was akin to building a connection with the netherworld's spiritual energy that tempers the physique. That frigid cold air was, without a doubt, the so-called netherworld's spiritual energy.

Netherworld spiritual energy was one of the superior energies between heaven and earth, the higher the quality of spiritual energy was, the better it was to temper the physical body, and the converted battle qi was much purer and more powerful.

This was the gap between cultivation techniques.

The higher the rank of a cultivation technique, the quality of spiritual energy absorbed is higher, the converted battle qi is stronger. In the Martial Spirit World, the ones practicing high-rank cultivation techniques were capable of jumping levels to challenge stronger opponents, it was due to this factor.

Martial spirits determine a person's strength and future achievements, and the quality of cultivation technique was equally important.

Time flies and soon one month passed.

In this one month's time, apart from practicing, Huang Xiaolong still practiced. The only difference was, instead of the XuanQin cultivation technique given to him by Huang Peng, Huang Xiaolong switched to practicing the Asura Tactics and the Body Metamorphose Scripture.