I'm taking interviews for new demons.

Written by SidetoEveryStory

I'm taking interviews for new demons.
The old ones are moving out. I finally got tired of hearing their nagging voices, so I gave them their 30 days notice.
And they are packing as we speak.
I know that without them my thought process speed will increase because I won't have them to distract me.
I also know that without them, I will feel even more lonely, I mean I'm already lonely enough as it is, but at least with them around I felt like I had a friend.
A friend that I could share in my self-pity with. Even if they're self-destructive they were there for me when no one else was.
And in that moment my demons didn't define me as a person. And in that moment everything was perfect.
Until that moment ended and we went back to where we started.
Fist fights with the multiples back at square one.
Awaiting to explore the new, but familiar terrain and landscape left at our door.
What I'm waiting to see is.. Who will survive the raging rapids?
I mean they're slightly more protected from the elements than me and I have a hard enough time remembering to breathe and blink.
To see the world in more than muted grays.
Let alone remembering to swim and stay afloat in the sorrows and troubles that the rapids appear to be made up of.
And then, I find myself hoping that the new one's aren't that different, so I won't have to adjust to new things. So I can stay in my comfort zone with what little control I have over it, but who knows.
I do know that I'm running out of places to put them, so they will be free to roam the wilderness that is my mind, even though it's more of a rain forest what with me crying all of the time.

8/6/17

~~~~~~~~
Authors Notes: I was going to enter a video contest with this piece, but I ended up with a terrible cold and missed the deadline.