Life

I was in my room brushing out my long brown hair and putting it in a ponytail when I heard my best friend call for me.

"Hey Val your brother called!" Jane yelled.

"Which one? And what he want?" I asked I started to put my earrings in and walking out of my room.

"Daryl said he wanted you to come down he misses you." She said smiling at me.

"I'll call him but first let's get to class." I said dragging her out of the room.

We made it to gym class and had to listen to Couch Negan yelling at the boys. I laughed a little and saw him turn to look at me.

"Dixon! You find something funny!" He yelled.

"Yea! That your boys are idiots like their couch!" I yelled happily.

"How about you get your ass down here and show them what they should be doing!"

I jumped off the bleachers and grabbed a ball and threw it into the net before a guy tried to block me but I ran past him and dunked it. I threw the ball at Couch Negan and then went over and grabbed my jacket leaving the gym. I went home after and called my brother up.

"What's up Daryl?" I asked happily.

"Nothing much missing you sis." He said happily.

"Funny... how's Merle?" I asked as I started to cook supper.

"In jail." He said annoyed.

"I don't wanna know so you and dad going to your annual hunt?"

"Yea how about you drive down here and see your big brother." He said happily.

"I'll think bout it." I said laughing.

We talked for awhile and then I had to go so I could pack and eat. I have been planning to see them and I want to be there when they get home from their trip. After I ate I started to pack my things and load them up. Before I left I made my way to the hospital to see Lucille. Lucille is Couch Negan's wife and also a great woman who helped me get a job.

"Hey good looking." I said knocking on her door.

"Hey Val..... so are you leaving yet?" She asked smiling at me.

"Not yet I will be early in the morning I thought I would come see you first." I said hugging her.

"I'll miss you.... can you promise me something.... will you be there for Negan?" Lucille asked softly.

"Always." I said hugging her.

"Oh here this was mine but I want you to have it." Lucille said as she pulled away and handed me a necklace.

I smiled as I opened it to see a picture of her on one side and Couch Negan and me on the other. I hugged her once more and then I left.

That was about three years ago and now I'm with my brother and a group of survivors who have become my family. We have just found a jail house and are planing to make it out home. I stayed with the kids while they cleared everything out.

"Hey Val you think they will be alright?" Beth asked softly.

"Yea they will be fine.... now let's get everything together." I said softly.

Lori looked at me with a small smile as I helped her pack. I had become like a mom to most of the kids and with her being a mom of one of the kids she was happy to have me here.

"Thank you Val.... you have helped a lot." Lori said happily.

"I was taught by the best." I said as I looked down at my locket.

They cleared the prison and then we where all able to go inside. Lori had to help bandage Hershel's leg while I went with my brother to scavenge for supplies.

"Hey you okay?" Daryl asked me softly.

"Never been better." I whispered.

"I miss them too you know... mom and dad."

"I don't.... Daryl I know it's bad to say but I'm happy they are gone.... I hated them." I said through tears.

"Don't you ever say that! They loved you to death!" He yelled as he grabbed me.

"Sure they did." I whispered as I walked away from him.

We got the supplies and then we all calmed a caged room, besides Daryl who didn't want one. I picked one above Carl's and went to sleep fast. As the days past we met other survivors and it wasn't long before we lost Lori. There had been a attack on the prison and walkers got in at that time Lori went into labor and died giving birth to her daughter Judith. Rick went insane and soon after Glenn and Maggie caught kidnapped by some people. Now they are on their way to get them and I am watching the kids and Hershel.

"They will be alright." Hershel said as he limped into my room.

"I know.... I'm just scared I'm going to loss someone I care for." I said softly.

"Who gave you the locket?" He asked as he set beside me.

"I didn't go to high school in my home town.... I went with my best friend Jane..... I met a teacher whose wife became like a mother to me.... she gave it to me." I explained as I opened the locket to show the picture.

"You must miss them."

"I do.... I know she is gone because... she was sick before I left... I don't know about him or my best friend." I said as I stood up to check on Judith.

I heard him sigh as I left the room and went to feed Judith.