Chapter Six: Get Away

Jess unfroze and turned to run back into the crowd, tears fighting their way out of her eyes as her footsteps pounded on the floor.

"Jess! Jess-wait!" Was that Lukas? (A/N: No Duh) She didn't know, nor did she care. She was too overwhelmed with what had just happened. It felt like her heart was being ripped and burned in a fire of betrayal.

She could hear Aiden's words ringing in her head.

Making out with someone else Jess.

She didn't believe it. She wouldn't. But seeing it with her own eyes, she didn't know what to think.

Jess could've stayed. She could've confronted him and that girl-whoever she was. But emotions crashed over her like a wave and sent her running.

I need to get out of here, she thought rapidly, trying to find the exit in blurred vision.

She could sense eyes on her, boring into her back and sending chills up her spine. But she didn't care. She needed out.

Suddenly, she bumped into someone, sending her backwards with a yelp. She prepared to hit the floor when a hand grabbed hers.

"Jess?" A voice asked.

She blinked a few times to see her brother, a confused look on his face. He helped her stand up.

"Jess? Are you okay? What's wrong?" He asked her, his voice concerned as worry flickered in his eyes.

Jess quickly brushed off the tears and looked away.

"Nothing-nothing. I'm fine, go ahead and enjoy the party. Kiss Petra or something-"

"We're twins, and I'm your brother. I can tell when you're lying."

He looked at her, and then put a hand on her shoulder. His green eyes mirrored hers, intent and determined.

"Jess, come on. What's wrong?"

She looked at him, blinking to keep the tears out of her eyes. His gaze turned from gentle to firm.

"It was Lukas, wasn't it?"

Jess was caught off guard. She shook her head, too quickly and stuttered.

"W-what? No-"

"God dammit I knew it. I knew it-" he cursed under his breath, but loud enough for his sister to hear. "I'm going to give him a piece of my mind, or rather, a piece of my fist-"

"Jesse no! Stop!" Jess grabbed his arm and stopped him before he could walk away, and possibly kill Lukas. "Don't. Please. I can handle this."

She looked up to him with pleading eyes, and his gaze softened. Then he wrapped his arms around her in an embrace.

"I just don't like seeing my sister hurt." He whispered. She smiled sadly.

"I'll be fine," she replied quietly. "just go enjoy the party, okay? You have to trust me."

Jesse hesitated before answering.

"Okay Jess, but if all isn't well later I'm going to-"

"Jesse." She gave him a look and he shut up. "Petra's waiting."

He looked at the crowd and then back at her, nodding.

"Oh," Jess said finally and he turned. "And if you see Aiden, give him another good punch in the face for me."

Jesse looked at her in confusion as the crowd of people pulled him into the sea.

Lukas P.O.V.

Shock filled Lukas as the girl's lips met his. It was all so sudden he didn't react to a second later. Immediately, he pushed her off and scowled.

At the corner of his eye he saw a blur of turquoise heading back into the crowd. Jess, he thought panicky. The real Jess.

"Jess! Jess-wait!" Lukas shouted desperately. As he was about to run after her, the girl's arm grabbed his.

"Lukas," she said, as if she were scolding him. He looked at her in rage and shook her arm off. He already knew who she was.

"Screw off Maya," he snapped. "I don't even know what to say to you. Except that you're a cold-blooded snake."

"I'm hurt." She said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "Why say such a thing to a friend?"

"Friend? You really think I'm your friend?" Lukas retorted harshly. "You're nothing more than a backstabber, Maya. A cheat. A liar."

"Maybe, but I'm much better than her." She replied, nodding to the place where Jess had once been. "You're better off with me Lukas, I love you much more than her."

She looked at him with pleading eyes as Lukas shook his head.

"That's where you're wrong. You don't love me at all, and I would never love someone like you." Lukas said harshly, making Maya wince.

With a scoff, the blonde turned and ran into the crowd.

Jess P.O.V.

Jess finally found the exit, the night sky and darkness welcoming her to its realm. She sighed with relief and began walking down the stairs, holding her dress as not to trip. Her other hand held the rail.

The sounds of laughing, talking, and music began to fade as she traveled closer to the end. It was time for her to go home. This whole thing had been one giant mistake.

A cool gust of wind blew her hair to the side and brushed across her cheeks. She closed her eyes and took in a breath.

"Jess!" A voice shouted and she froze, already knowing who it was. "Jess! Wait up!"

She unfroze quickly and broke into a run, hearing his voice and footsteps behind her. Suddenly, she felt a hand grab her wrist and she stopped.

"Jess, please." Lukas pleaded, making her turn to him. "Look, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. None of that was real, I promise you-"

"How do I know you're not lying?" She whispered, voice cracking as she tried to hold back the tears. He put a hand to her cheek and leaned forward.

"I'll show you." He whispered back, and then closed the space between them. Their lips touched, and they kissed under the moonlight.

They pulled away slowly, breathing heavily. Jess smiled, and then frowned as Lukas smirked.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

Lukas chuckled and took off his golden mask, to reveal lime eyes and a slightly crooked nose.

"I told you I'm a better kisser," Aiden mused.

Plot twist! I like being evil hehehe ;) 

Comment your thoughts, I like reading them lol