Chapter 2- Crysophilia

*crysophilia means lover of gold*
----Hey guys! Gonna point out that every chapter is gonna have a song now! Yayyy!!! So here's the song for this xhapter, which is Gold, by Imagine Dragons! Enjoy!----

"Davey! You arrived!"
David jumped. He didn't like being called Davey after Cameron Campbell was arrested.
"You actually came! Come cOme! I'll show you around my mANSion!" Johnathon cried out. He clearly has had a few drinks David thought, but at least he seemed enthusiastic about it!
"Well that'd be swell Mr. Notherwell!" David cheered on, chuckling queitly to himself about the rhyme he had made on pure accident. David started following Johnathon upstairs before stopping to talk to Max.
"What are ya waiting for Max! I know this is 'akward' having me tour around your house, but it'll be fun! Gosh, you don't even have to come, but it'd be nice to have some company!"
"But my dad will be with you." Max responded.
"I don't know him very well Max, and it'd be nice to have someone in familiar with to show me around!" David smiled back at Max. Max rolled his eyes but obliged and followed a happy David upstairs for a good old fashioned house tour.

Gold. Everything was gold. The walls, the floors, heck, even the plants! It was all so shiny! David's was extremely keen on seeing the bedrooms, or the kitchen. He wondered if the fridge was gold! David was so excited he felt like he would burst!
"I want to show you the room I'm most proud of!" Johnathon spoke up. David was now shaking, barely being able to hold still. As Johnathon opened the double doors David was both confused and surprised about what was inside the massive room. A ginormous bathroom, with what was supposedly a bathtub the size of a swimming pool, a shower that was basically a waterfall, and rows of many toilet stalls. The two in the middle had names ingraved on them, one saying Margaret and one saying Johnathon. David wondered where Max's was. His first thought when he entered the room was 'Why is there a swimming pool on the top floor?' and then he pondered how much their water bill would've costed. What he didn't ponder was how they could afford it. They could probably afford to buy the whole of America with the amount of money they had. Of course that was impossible, David thought. Or was it-

"She's a real beauty isn't she?" Johnathon said as he punched David in the arm, waking him up from his trance.
"It sure is! The bathtub is so big! I could fit my whole camp in there!" David expressed.
"If you think that's big, wait til ya see the one in the backyard! Johnathon declared.
"YOU HAVE A BATHTUB IN YOUR BACKYARD!?" David yelled, eyes as wide as the moon.
Johnathon chuckled a big hearty and slightly drunk laugh "Yep! And believe it or not, the pool is larger than this house!"
"Oh my gosh! It must be so grand living here!" David squealed, doing a little spin. Max saw what was happening and groaned.
"Can we just hurry this up already?" Asked Max.
"Don't you dARE be rude to our guest Max. He has to embrace our Notherwell way" Max's dad threatened, waving his empty bottle too close to Max's face, so close that David had to step in.
"I-I don't mind! Really I don't! This is such a huge house, and I want to be able to see it all!"
Johnathon blinked at David still holding the bottle up to Max's face.
"Well why didn't ya say so Davey! Let's go already!" Johnathon shouted, fist pumping the air. He stopped and turned to Max "And you're coming with, you got it?" 
"Fine." Max snapped back, before quickly retreating backwards out the door.
"Kids these days. Their fine and loyal for the first 8 years until they become aware, now that's when ya gotta whip 'em into shape y'know?" Johnathon mumbled under his breath. His intent was clearly to not let David or Max hear but they both heard it loud and clear. David frowned and Max turned away.
"Our Northerwell way, more like you and your stinkin wife's Notherwell way fucking hell..." Max mumbled, throwing his hoodie back on.

The tour had just ended, and Johnaton had run out of whatever was in the bottle.
"I'm just going to fetch some more drinks from the kitchen, I'll be right back. Are sure you don't want anything Davey?"
"I'm sure Mr Notherwell! Thanks for offering!" David called back in response.
"Ok then!" Johnathon replied, "I'll be back in a few!"
And with that Johnathon ran off down the stairs. Or more, slid down the stairs on the railing like in all the movies that have that stair railing.
"So Max! Where's your room!" David jumped straight into asking about Max's room. If the bathroom was so huge he wondered how big Max's room would've looked. Max stopped dead in his tracks.
"My room doesn't matter. It sucks compared to these other rooms you've seen-" Max was going to continue ranting until he heard David open a door. Distressed, he looked up, but he let out a sigh of relief.
"Is this your room Max?" David asks, sticking is head into the room. It wasn't as big as the other rooms but it was quaint, and still very gold.
"No David that's the broom close- god damnit you're a moron! It literally says broom closet right there! Engraved into the door!" Max yelled.
David looked at the front of the door and read the lettering on it.
"Oh. So it does! Thanks Max, that was just a silly goof up on my behalf, but that gives you no excuse to call me a moron." David lectured Max.
"Whatever David" Max grumbled as they turned a corner. Then out of nowhere Max started sprinting down the hallway.
"Hey Max! Where are you going?!" David yelled down the hallway as he followed Max in a walk that quickly turned into a sprint. David could see Max trying to push a bookshelf in front of an old wooden door.
"Max?! What're you doing?" David asked gently.
"Go away! Don't go in there it doesn't matter!" Max hollered, trying as hard as he could to push the bookshelf.
"Max what are you hiding, whats in there?" David started to raise his voice just to compete with Max's arguing.
"STAY OUT OF THERE GET AWAY FUCK YOU DAVID JUST QUIT IT I DONT WANT YOU LOOKING IN THERE-" Max yelled, now giving up on pushing the bookshelf, and pushing David instead.
"Max that is it! I am going in that room and you can't stop me!" David yelled, and with one hard push of the door, it swung open and Max fell to the ground with a thud.
"Oh no..." David was now speaking in a soft tone and the entire mode had changed. There was an old mattress, a torn poster of the 3 starter Pokémon and Pikachu, a flat Gameboy in the corner of the room, and in the other a pile of blue hoodies.
"Max?" David asked.
"Is this your room?"