Two

Two

"NO!" Yan He screamed, louder than she'd ever needed to.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, how could this happen? What went wrong? I had A's in all my classes... except for Literature...

She shook her head. Tears peered over the corners of her eyes, just waiting to drip down her face.

Miku got in! Kiyoteru got in! Almost everyone got in! WHAT WENT WRONG?

Wiping the tears from her eyes, Yan He ran out of the room. The paper blew off the counter and floated gently to the floor. Gasping, she hurtled up the stairs, stepping up two at a time, until she got to her bedroom door right at the top of the stairs. She flung open the door and fell onto her bed, shutting out the rest of the world as she buried her face in the light blue sheets.

DING! piped her laptop from out of nowhere.

Yan He didn't want to move.

DING!

"Will you quiet down?" Yan He demanded.

DING!

"All right, I'm coming, I'm coming!" Yan He groaned, pushing herself off the bed and making her way over to her black desk where the computer rested.

New Messages:

Megurineluka221900: Hey, whatcha up to?

Yan He wiped her makeup-smudged hand on her black shorts and placed her fingers upon the keys to respond.

YannieHennie10348: Hey, Cousin! I'm not doing anything, just worrying.

Megurineluka221900: Oh. What's the matter?

YannieHennie10348: I now have to consider new school options. Zumen rejected me.

Just writing that statement almost brought another round of tears. Yan He pressed her hand violently to her mouth and squeezed her eyes shut so the tears wouldn't escape.

Megurineluka221900: WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Omg, that sucks!

YannieHennie10348: I know. I don't know what happened, but I don't want to talk about it. How's college life for you?

Megurineluka221900: Um... fine. Exams finished last week so now I have some time to myself for once.

YannieHennie10348: That's good! :D

Megurineluka221900: Yeah. I'm really sorry you didn't get into Zumen! Did they say anything about why?

Yan He let out a big breath.

YannieHennie10348: No, basically they just wrote that I wasn't accepted and that was it.

Megurineluka221900: Yikes.

YannieHennie10348: Uh huh.

Megurineluka221900: So, where are you gonna go now? Do you have a second choice maybe?

"Nope," Yan He said aloud. That really wasn't a question anymore. She'd have to go to the Anime Public School. Nothing could change that.

"Oh my god, my life is unraveling," she whispered, fully aware of how dramatic she sounded. But at that point her future seemed grim, or at the very least MUCH more difficult.

YannieHennie10348: All that's left is the Anime Public School. There aren't any other big 2-D Schools out here!

Megurineluka221900: Unfortunately that's true. :(