7

trigger warning for attempted suicide/scars

-

There's something about the look in her eyes, she thinks. It is irresistible. Absolutely irresistible.

It's strange, because Andie knows she doesn't remember anything about her. She knows it's unlikely she'll ever remember anything about her ever again, no matter how much time she spends with her, or how much therapy she does, or how often she scrolls through that cheesy photo album in her phone entitled "true love" with a bunch of sappy heart emojis and sees all those picture of her swept up in the arms of the tall, leggy blonde looking at her like she hung all the stars in the sky.

She doesn't remember anything. And yet...

The thing is that Corinna looks at her like that in real life too. It is surreal. It is unbelievable. Even though she knows Andie doesn't remember anything, it's like it doesn't matter. Andie still has this beautiful blonde with the Bambi eyes chasing after her like she's a smitten schoolgirl and Corinna is the one person in Andie's life she doesn't remember and yet she can't help but feel like she is the one person in the whole world who she needs to.

She is an enigma. She presents as this fast-talking cool-girl, sharp edges, clean lines, witty beyond measure, sometimes leaning more mean than funny but it all somehow comes out charismatic. She is gorgeous and it helps her case, but if that were all Corinna was - beautiful and mean - Andie doubts she would be this enthralled by her.

She has this soft side. Protective, sweet, almost maternal, and Andie's pretty positive Corinna only reserves that side of herself for her. She seems so confident, so untouchable, but...

There's something else there. A gentleness underneath the cursing and glaring and frigid cold. A gentleness that Andie is sure, despite all this fucked up stuff with her memory, Corinna saves just for her.

Andie might be being selfish, because she is the one who needs to take time - she can't expect Corinna to wait around for her when she forgot all their history. That's not fair to her. That's not fair to either of them, really.

Still. She thinks Corinna would wait for her. She just sort of has a feeling.

Call it a hunch.

-

"Decent." Camila makes grabby hands at the pages. "Okay, gimme. My red pen is itching to ruin your night."

She grins as she watches Lauren's mouth fall open. "You're such a dick!"

"Damn right I am. Now hand it over, Jauregui."

Lauren rolls her eyes but obliges, and Camila smiles to herself in satisfaction. She's finally got Lauren to start being casually bitchy to her again and it's such a dream.

They seem to have gotten past some sort of roadblock lately. Maybe it happened when Camila realized neither of them were especially benefiting from her being a asshole for no reason. Whatever, she can't really pinpoint an exact thing that shattered the unspoken wall between Camila and Lauren, but they started binge-watching all of You for inspiration on how to make a bona fide psycho sympathetic and interesting and now it's sort of their thing. They don't, like, cuddle on the couch or anything. Well, kind of. There is PG skin-to-skin contact, and that is all Camila has to say about that.

Anyway, now they're in a little café a couple blocks down from the apartment. They had gone shopping beforehand, but Camila refused to buy anything unless she could also convince Lauren to buy something, so they're each only carrying three bags when usually Camila would have at least ten and would need to enlist Shawn or Lucy to help her lug them around.