1|willa

"No

      "No."

    Willa had always been taught to be strong, to never back down out of a task, well, in her case, the dares she had been given to complete.

  Her mother always said that if you didn't know how to ride a bicycle, you must first learn how to balance in your life. Willa's six year old self, too naïve to understand the deeper meaning behind these words always took these words to be too difficult for her tiny brain to understand, and therefore the meaning was taken literally in its sense. And that was exactly why she learned how to ride a bike, and became a pro, a year later. But as the years passed by them, everything around them wilted, newity came to fruition, these words seemed to have found a greater meaning in Willa's life than just a statement meant for the adults.

  Willa's mother, Tessa, had suffered a lot, to put it bluntly. And these sufferings were what made Tessa the strong, never-the-bullshit-taker-from-anyone person she was today. Sometimes, Willa, being the daughter, felt more proud of her mother than Tessa did. They had everything dear to them taken away, snatched away like those things, those things dear to them, were nothing but puppets to make their life a living hell. Despite everything, Tessa never forgot her responsibility as a mother towards Willa and for that Willa swore she was forever grateful.

   So as she stood in front of the ramshackle, dilapidated set of public swings in the park, her mother's wise words rang in her head.

     I know you love pulling pranks on people, doing these crazy dares for the thrill of it, but always remember to never take it too far, and before the dare, think about what you're going to put another man through, if it involves him.

   She was still contemplating whether to do it or not, when her best friend, Nina, cut through. "I am not asking you to kill Trump, as much as I want that to happen. What are you thinking about?"

  Aldanina Khaftar, or rather Nina Khaftar, as she prefered it, was the Persian version of spitfire, a devil in disguise of a nerd with a heart of gold. She was evil, yes. But there was still nobody in this world as kind as her, well apart from Willa's mother of course. She was evil in the sense of her crazy, overbearing challenges that she always dared Willa with. The major reason Willa was called as 'The Dare Queen' was Nina and her dares. Yes, Nina gave her the most eccentric dares ever, and Willa finished them off.

   It was their thing, Nina suggesting these crazy dares, challenging Willa and Willa finishing them off. It was never the other way around, because Nina didn't have the valour Willa did and Willa, the wit Nina had.

  Willa looked slightly hesitant. "I don't know if we should do this. This seems a little too extreme."

  Nina sighed. "Honestly, Wee, I know this seems a little too far stretched, but think about 'Kelsey the Killer'! Kelsey had been given an equally difficult task, and she finished it off. If you don't do this, she will overtake you, okay. And remember the last time she was only one point ahead of us; she almost made me polish her Louboutins--"