Chapter 20: Lee JinSoul

Slowly I went towards the door; what was I doing again? I couldn't recall anything.

I talked to Yoongi, he was trying to figure things out and I wanted to help him. But I didn't know how to myself so I suggested him to think about it all again. I just wanted to assure him that I was alright, though he looked frustrated. Then I went to sleep.

Oh, today's my last day. Last day to live, how many hours do I have left?

I turned the nob of the front door, why was it so dark here?

Don't open it Jinsoul.  

Suddenly I heard a voice from distance. I looked around, no one was there. It was too dark to see and somehow I felt funny, it felt like my mind was floating around the clouds.

Don't open it.

Again. But I didn't care, somehow I couldn't. I opened the door and pitch black darkness grasped me in, it felt like I was being pulled in a blackhole.

With that I became fully conscious of what was happening here. This time I turned my head around, my heart in my hand, the anxiety and a terrified feeling was starting to kick in. 

Everything was pitch black. It made me wonder if my eyes were even open since the place was as dark as it could get. I was absolutely terrified now, was I having those realistic nightmares again?

"Yoongi!" I cried, panic rising in my tone. My hands and legs trembling in fear, for some reasons I was getting a feeling that someone was watching me from up close in the dark.

Not someone, a lot of people, dozens of eyes were watching me.

"Yoongi!"

"I hoped that you wouldn't open the door."

A deep voice greeted me in the dark, next second I instinctively had to close my eyes shut for the strong light coming from a flashlight.

"Are you alright?"

I put a hand over my eyes and opened them slowly. Yoongi was standing right in front of me holding a flashlight in his hand. The place could be a little visible now. And it was no other place but the staircase in front of my apartment.

Still, the place felt very unfamiliar.

"What happened? Why is it so dark here?" I asked in a shaky voice, grabbing on Yoongi's other arm with both my hands. I was still trembling being scared.

"I am not sure yet, but I hope it isn't ..." Yoongi trailed off. "I came to my senses just now anyway. Glad that I had this little flashlight in my pocket."

"Was it you who told me not to open the door? I..."

"I was telling it to myself, didn't think you'd be able to hear it." Yoongi let out a small sigh then pulled his arm away from my grip gently, then he locked his hand with mine. "Lets go ahead and see if we can get out."

We started walking in the dark side by side with Yoongi showing the way with his flashlight. Everything was getting visible slowly, it was the same place where I lived but there was this bad aura emitting. I could feel only us there, the only living souls in the entire building.

We came before the entrance gate and only darkness could be seen outside, darker than the inside of the building.

"Let's step outside together. One, two and, three."

I stepped my foot outside with Yoongi as soon as his countdown ended.

We were inside the building again with our backs turned to the entrance gate. I couldnt help but let out a loud gasp being surprised. We immediately turned around and tried going outside again, but ended up in the same place like before.