Alec: The Wilde Brothers (Chapter 1)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Only a few sample chapters will be posted here on Wattpad. The full book is on sale at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple & other retailers. This is book one in the series: The Billionaire's Desire. It is ultimately a standalone tale.

CHAPTER ONE

Alec knew it would strike him again, yet he was still unprepared for the force of the jealousy and longing that seared through him when the lovely bride appeared on the lawn, and then began her walk up the petal-covered aisle toward his grinning, waiting friend.

Alec had had doubts about the integrity of the relationship between the blond beauty and his friend, Jake; he had wondered if they had 'the real thing' or an arrangement. But in that particular moment, the two looked genuinely ecstatic to be legally joined.

Alec wanted nothing to do with the beaming blonde in white—merely what she represented, and what being outside in formalwear on a stunning beach with a tropical wind kissing everyone's faces meant.

No matter how much Alec had tried to drown out his longing with every luxury that money could buy, he knew exactly what he was missing, and it was a moment like this.

He also knew that he had no right to feel resentment toward Jake and Laura for discovering what he had been unable to uncover.

How dare he feel deprived? How could he feel anything but joy in Bora Bora, surrounded by heavenly island beauty?

It was not his first trip to the paradise, and likely not his last since it was one of his favorite locations for a love affair, and by the look on one of the three bridesmaids' faces, the dawn of a new affair was on the horizon.

The pretty bridesmaid kept glancing at him—a brunette with unusually long black hair, dark eyes, and dimples—with a look that he recognized all too well. She was cute and obviously willing, but this time, Alec felt no desire to take her up on her silent offer.

She would probably look amazing naked with all that dark hair draped over her curvy body and tickling her hips, but Alec's emotional funk prevented him from getting roused by the possibilities.

He figured that once he broke his strange mood, he would get back to his usual business and there would be no loss; even if he returned to his senses when the brunette was no longer around, it would be no problem finding another girl like her who was willing to give all of herself to him for whatever reason she had—whether it was merely the satisfaction of sleeping with a billionaire, or the silly hope that their fuck session could turn into something more.

Alec could not believe the number of women who thought sleeping with him nearly immediately would make him more interested in them; he didn't get the logic at all. The women didn't whet his appetite; they merely satisfied his temporary hunger, and once that was done, they had little more to offer him—at least, he never really got the chance to see if there was more to them since he lost interest so quickly.

The few he remembered made him work for it a little, and it gave him enough time to get to know them a bit, leading him to appreciate some of their unique qualities.

Still, none of them stuck, and damn it, he wanted a woman who would stick.

* * *

"You think this could be you someday, man?" Jake said when they got a moment alone, the ceremony melting into a light reception.

Alec nodded. "Actually, I do."

Jake's face transformed into shock. "You know I wasn't serious—are you really ready?"