!Chapter 10! (Rewrite)

So, like the last time I wrote chapter ten, this is a very significant chapter. That's why the exclamation points are there. 1. I never thought I'd make it this far, rewriting is tougher than I thought it would be. I appreciate everyone's support. 2. The chapter is most likely going to be 4000+ words, like it was last time. Also, for reference, Kara and Mon-El (in this book) broke up after Invasion.

Summary: Kara's in a bit of a sticky situation, but she always snaps back. Lex doesn't know what's about to hit him, and they find out, that this problem is bigger than all of them.

"She's crashing, get her in there quick!," Alex orders, everyone in the group keeping pace behind her. She turned into a room and motioned for Caitlin to join her. "No one else in this room until we get her stable."

They find somewhere to sit, and all kind of just pile in the hallway. Collapsing with a sigh onto the floor, Oliver sits beside Barry. "Hey, you did good man," Barry tells him, a small reassuring smile on his face.

"But, did I? She's in that operating room right now, two bullets in her gut, maybe if I had done better she'd be okay," he blames himself for what had happened. He wasn't the only one.

"It's not-it's not your fault, you can't blame any of this on yourself, if anything I'm more to blame than you are," Barry thinks of something to say for a moment.

"No, it's definitely not your fault either," Oliver says, his tone sounding like a parent scolding their child.

"I am supposed to be the fastest man alive, I could have easily saved her, but I reacted too slowly. Look, we can blame ourselves for this all we want, but that doesn't change the fact that we could lose her at any moment, and that no one probably feels they are more to blame than J'onn and Alex," Barry glances over at J'onn. Who is pacing the hall.

"I just-I can't...I don't wanna lose her Barry, when I've just started to get to know her, and that scares me. Do you know how much it takes for something to scare me?" Oliver confides, and Barry could see it, the genuine look of fear in his eyes.

"You think I'm blind or something? I could see it: that star struck, little boy in preschool, adoring look in your eyes, ever since the first time you saw her, we all know what you feel, except for you and her. So, tell her what you told me, try and take her out for a drink or a dinner," Barry suggests, putting that signature smile on his face. "Although, I would suggest letting her heal first."

There was something in the back of Oliver's head that told him he didn't just mean physically heal. Kara has emotional scars that will last a long time. "Maybe when this all said and done, I'll take her to a nice restaurant," he said wistfully, imagining up a scenario in his head.

"You should do that. I'm gonna go talk to Cisco, for a bit," Barry replies, patting him on the arm, and scooting over to talk with Cisco. Oliver fidgets for a moment, then stands up, getting restless. He heads over to J'onn.

"Where did you put Luthor? I want you to take me to him," he asks, them he puts on his best pleading look. "Please J'onn, I cannot let this bastard just sit there and not get justice, you can stop me if you feel I'm getting too out of control. But, please."

J'onn considers it for a moment, looking at Oliver silently. He sighs, "Fine, but just remember that you're doing this for justice and information and nothing else," he starts walking and Oliver follows.