Chapter 8

I get up early and text Peter.
Hey. We need to talk. Can we meet by the swing set at the park at 11:15? -T

I shower and get ready for my devastating break up. I apply minimal make up and a simple blank tank top, jeans and jacket. no need to look nice for a guy I don't like.

Satisfied I text Player Boy where to meet and grab my keys. I drive to the park and wait on the swings. Eventually Player Boy arrives.

"Can you explain this to me?" He asks sitting on the swing next to me.

"You hate Peter, right? Like, hate him? And he hates you?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah. I can't vouch for his feelings but if I could I would punch his ugly face in. Why?"

"'Cause I have something I need him to do to me, which requires him to hate me.  If he sees us together, possibly kissing, he'll freak and my plan will be set into motion. After this I'll most likely be gone so it's a one time thing," I explain. "Now get your ass over here, I need to be able to see when Peter comes. It's almost 11:15 so he'll be here soon. You need to look into me and I'll pretend to flirt with you and then I'll kiss you. We but let's hope this works."

I smile kinda seductively at Player Boy and put my hand on his arm. I see Peter coming up the path out of the corner of my eye and giggle like those annoying girls I hate. Peter hesitated and that's when my hand slides up and pulls his head to mine.

I feel like fireworks are going off in my body and, although I don't mean for it to happen, it becomes a full-on make out session until I am pulled off him.

Player Boy's face remains a smirk but his eyes question me. I turn a bit and see Peter.

"What. The. Hell. Was. That." Peter basically growls at me.

"I wanted to talk. See, I'm over you. I just don't think we're that good together. I want to break up Peter. Good-bye," I say smiling kind sadly, even though I'm not very sad. As I pass Player Boy I hiss, "Take my hand and walk happily with me."

We hold hands and I look up at him and then laugh when Peter can't tell we're not talking.

"Thanks," I say when we reach my car.  I see Peter storm this way and I plaster that fake smile on again and kiss Player Boy again.

The fireworks are still there and soon enough our tongues are exploring each other's mouths. I finally clue in to what I'm doing and pull back.

"Uh, I most likely won't be on school Monday, or after that probably, so I'm outta your hair. Lucky you, that means no more broken jaws. See ya around Player Boy," I say getting in my car.

"Seriously? That's my nickname?" He scoffs in disbelief.

"First impressions are huge. Also I forgot your real name," I admit.

"I'm Four. Bye Trix."

"Bye Four."

I close my door and drive off. On the way I text Caleb and Christina.

I am using myself as bait. I've already gone through with this so u can't stop me. 2night or 2morrow I'll be kidnapped (hopefully) and Will will track me. U guys will scout the place, see I'm there, then come swinging in with back up. Got It? -T

BEATRICE! WHAT THE HE'LL IS WRONG WITH YOU!

That lovely text was from my brother. Oh, Family love. Christina's was more just, 'I got your back, gurl. No one's gonna hurt you' and 'Let's crack this thing open!'

I got home and pulled in the driveway. I stepped out of my car and entered my house. I stayed in the front room watching until it was late, then decided to give Peter an opportunity to take me.  I go for a walk.

I put in my headphones and started strolling down the sidewalk. I turned onto a less crowded street with fewer houses.

I sensed someone walking behind me, two eyes drilling holes into the back of my neck. I turned around and saw no one, as expected. I continued and pulled my jacket tighter around me. I checked my special watch for info about who's following me and saw that it was, in fact, Peter Hayes.

I play up the scared little girl and turn suddenly to walk back home. There was suddenly a cloth over my mouth and my eyes rolled back into my head, my mind plunging into the dark abyss on unconsciousnes.