Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

X

It was the following day, and everything in the house seemed to be normal. Collin wasn't mad at me anymore, and I no longer resented him. Our spontaneous break up only points me in the direction of thinking that maybe we just weren't meant to work out.

Regardless of how much we wanted to.

"Guys ... if Jen is watching the house 24/7, does that mean that we can't leave?" Michael asked, staring up into the sky. It was silent amongst us all, and he was the one to break it.

"Yes," Brooklyn answered, probably rolling her eyes from under her sunglasses. "unless you want to get shot, I mean, I'll open the door for you." Everybody laughed except Stacey, who glared at her for her dig, and shielded her boyfriend from Brook.

"What about food, I'd rather be shot trying to leave, than wait around like a little bitch and starve." Peter told, his normal greedy nature showing through comically. "I only had 3 meals yesterday, do you know how hungry I was!?"

If I recall correctly, his normal meal count is around 5, including snacks.

Just then, Laura had emerged from the house, laughing at something. It didn't interest me, until I saw Collin come out from behind her. He was probably the source of the joke, which then made me interested.

 He was probably the source of the joke, which then made me interested

"–That happened so long ago, I almost forgot about it." She smiled, taking a seat on the opposite side of the pool.

They're reminiscing ... really?

"Yeah, that was hilarious, you know, I actually have a scar from it right here." He informed, and held up his arm to show her proof. Judging by which scar he was showing her, I could tell that they had been talking about Freshman year.

Which is when him and I worked at that summer camp, and he fell off of the mountain climbing wall mid session. He tells me that story all the time, so imagine how I felt when he decided to tell it to her.

"Where were you two?" Brooklyn asked uneasily, probably catching onto the fact that this particular interaction bothered me. Nobody else knew about our break up, but with the way he's laughing it up with Laura, I wouldn't be surprised if she knew.