Shower your teacher with hatred

Hi guys!

Let's start with the very first 'bad guy' we encountered in Naruto. The white(ish?) haired, chuunin, academy instructor otherwise known as Mizuki.

We all hate him.

The way he tricked poor little Naruto-chan is unforgivable. So I understand if authors want to express their dislike through their writing. I get it, really.

All I ask is that, please, be reasonable about it.

I can't recall how many fanfics I read where the OC meets Mizuki for the first time during the graduation exam and immediately gives him the stink eye. Some even goes so far as to threaten him (And by some bizarre miracle he gets scared too).

It generally goes like this:

The OC enters the room, creates an outrageous amount of 'shadow clones' of all things (maybe some other element if the author feels like it), glares at one of the kindest teachers in the academy before exiting the room. (With a hitai-ate of course)

Now you might say Mizuki is anything but kind. I agree wholeheartedly. I know he's a piece of shit, you know it too because you and I saw Naruto. That doesn't explain how the OC knows it.

It doesn't make sense why a 12 year old, to-be ninja, would glare at a person they met for the first time. Even if it wasn't the first time they met, they have no reason to be suspicious, let alone be sure that Mizuki is untrustworthy. Mizuki never showed his 'evil' side to anyone (and let them live) prior to the whole graduation incident.

I dare you to say you hated Mizuki before his real intentions were revealed.

So please, if you're planning to write a story that follows the original plot then don't make your character hate Mizuki just to make them appear like a super cool judge of characters.

Give them a. Legitimate. Reason. Is that too much to ask?

If your character is starting out as a naive little kid (like most academy students sans Sasuke) then make them stumble into the whole forbidden scroll fiasco by accident or something if you must. It'd give them their first, very much needed, dose of reality. I'd love to read something like that.

I'm not saying your character shouldn't hate Mizuki. It's your character. You have the right to make them hate whomever you want. I'm only asking for a reason, one that doesn't include 'he rubs me the wrong way' or something along the lines.

You won't believe how much it ticks people off when something similar appears in every other fanfic they read, even if the idea is unique.

Whew! (ㆆᴗㆆ)
I'm a lot calmer now thanks to that ranting. It never fails to make me feel better.

It may seem like a trivial detail that could be easily ignored. But the fact remains that it's annoying as hell.

I'll update again when I get ticked off by another cliche scenario/story. Ciao~