chapter the fourth

In which Min Yoongi receives another note and has to endure the most annoyingest roommate in the world. He’s later convinced by said roommate to attend a party where he will most likely get drunk and sob about how much he hates Kim Namjoon. Oh yes, Yoongi – Min Yoongi-who-hates-Namjoon – gets caught up in a ball of fury jealously when he sees some random ass dude flirt with Namjoon. Not on his watch.

-

I had never spoken to her, except for a few casual words, and yet her name was like a summons to all my foolish blood.

-James Joyce; Araby

Your name sends my heart galloping over a peaceful field where the moon is rising and the sun is setting.

-xJ

"What the hell has the Grumpy Min Yoongi blushing and smiling?"

Seokjin's voice startles Yoongi's daydreaming and he attempts to glare at Seokjin but he knows that he looks like a kitten with the way his eyes are all soft and his face is flushed.

"None of your business," Yoongi mutters and sneakily hides the paper under his pillow. Seokjin hums and stares at Yoongi who blinks innocently at him.

"Mhm, whatever. Anyways, I'm curious to know why you didn't come into our dorm yelling about how Namjoon is stupid and how much you hate him."

Yoongi rolls his eyes and sticks his tongue out at Seokjin, "Oh c'mon hyung, I came back from Lit happy and you've tampered the mood by mentioning the most annoyingest person on planet Earth."

"I don't think annoyingest is a real word Yoongs," Seokjin replies and laughs when Yoongi tries sending him a kick.

He cannot believe he is sharing a dorm with a child; his own cousins are more mature than Yoongi.

"Will you stop it Seokjin-hyung. It's bad enough you share your last name with him-"

"-what does that have anything to do-"

"-hearing you remind me of him is enough to make my whole month gloomy."

Seokjin sighs and ignores Yoongi, "Yea whatever, there's a party tonight and I want you to go with me."

Yoongi thinks about the demand and scrunches his nose when he catches sight of the pile of homework on his desk.

"With?" He asks and waits for Seokjin to reply as he goes scrolls through his phone (and no, he's not staring at Namjoon's new picture he uploaded five minutes ago with thirteen, twelve, eleven seconds on his Instagram.)

"Uh, it's at some guy name Taehyung's place. Remember? That cute guy who Hoseok started dating a few weeks back?"

Yoongi frowns at the unfamiliar name, he remembers Hoseok talking about an adorable freshmen he met at a cafe and how he showed him a picture of him.

But right about then Namjoon entered the fast food restaurant they were eating at and Yoongi just had to glare at him and also at the guy (who was actually really attractive) that was talking with him and sitting too closely to him.

"Yea I remember," no he doesn't, "I guess I'll go. I need to get my mind off something else."

Seokjin mutters something that sounds an awful a lot like mind off making out with Namjoon, but Yoongi ignores that remark.

"Good," Seokjin happily says, "We're going to hook you up with some hot guy and you'll stop thinking about Namjoon and how he has better grades than you. We'll both get drunk and dance."

Getting drunk sounds very appealing to Yoongi and hooking up with a cute boy does too.

So he gets up from his bed and makes his way to the shower, letting his muscles and body relax under the warm water.

The first thing Yoongi does when he gets to the party is go straight to the kitchen where all the alcohol is.

He takes a long sip from something strong he didn't get the name of and already feels a bit buzz with it.

He goes to grab another drink he doesn't know the name of when Seokjin and Hoseok come barging into the kitchen.

"Hey Yoongi-hyung!" Hoseok says loudly, most of the time Yoongi is always chastising Hoseok for being so loud but today Yoongi welcomes it and sends him one of his rare gummy smiles that is returned from Hoseok's own heart shaped one.

"Sup Hobi-yah," Yoongi says, "When am I going to meet this Taehyung you've been talking about non-stop."

Yoongi watches in amusement as Hoseok blushes and stutters out, "He's here somewhere, probably talking with a few of his friends."

Hoseok turns to look at Seokjin who opens a can of soda, "Oh yea, before I forget, the room across the hall is off limits. Taehyung says he doesn't want anyone in there since that's his roommates and he wants to be left alone."

Seokjin laughs, "Guess that him and Taehyung-ah don't get along then?"

Hoseok shakes his head, "No, it's not that! It's just he isn't a big fan of parties and I think he's studying for some upcoming test for his Lit class."

Yoongi's brow raises when he hears the word Lit and he can feel his stomach flip when Namjoon's face pops out in his mind. He gets himself another drink and quickly downs it to remove that mental image.

"Sounds a lot like Yoongs here, he's always pissing at me whenever couples come into his room and start making out." Seokjin says.

"Hey! I lock that door and even then they somehow find a way to come in." Yoongi defensively says and softly punches Seokjin's shoulder. Hoseok laughs and shakes his head at the two of them.

They both end up leaving to go with the rest of large group gathered in the living room and Yoongi is left drinking more of that strong shit that makes him feel heavy and like he's floating in space.

He spends most of his time in the kitchen, a few times leaving it and dancing with cute boys.

There's one in particular who smirks at him suggestively and even though Yoongi would love anything right now like getting a blow job or just making out.

He shakes his head at him with a polite smile and makes his way through the mass of sweaty bodies into the kitchen where he downs two more strong drinks.

When the room starts to spin and his vision is going double Yoongi decides to stop his drinking because Kim Namjoon is no longer floating about in his thoughts.

He starts stumbling his way around the hot room, giggling at Seokjin whose dancing without a care in the world, smiling at the cute boy who stands way too close to Namjoon and-

Wait.

Wait, what the fuck.

Yoongi's eyes pop out when he sees the same cute guy from the fast food restaurant lean into Namjoon.

All Yoongi sees is red, he can't tell if it's from fury that this guy is just hanging all over his Namjoon or if it's because Namjoon looks so fucking ethereal in the yellow lighting of the dorm room.

His hair hanging messily over his brown eyes and wearing a long sleeve white shirt that hangs off a smooth shoulder and the sleeves going past his palms.

Yoongi pushes his way past the dancing couples, glaring at the back of the tall boy's head that obscures the look of surprise on Namjoon's face.

He's too drunk to notice the thoughts of jealousy that run through his head or the way he wants to push the guy away from where he's touching Namjoon's face.

"Ahem,"