chapter the ninth

In which Namjoon goes up to Yoongi and everything goes down from there. Afterwards that happens Seokjin knocks some sense into Yoongi’s oblivious mind. We all owe Seokjin for it.

-

Yoongi almost trips over his own feet when class is over. He’s rushing as he hastily dumps his books into his backpack.

He is so caught up on putting his things back and hurriedly going back to the dorm so he can force Seokjin to help him find out who mystery person is, that he doesn’t realize the person standing behind him, nervously pushing his glasses up his nose and biting his lips.

“Uhm, hey?” Namjoon says apprehensively, clutching the straps of his backpack tightly.

Yoongi looks up then, startled, and his expression sours when he realizes who it is. “Why are you talking to me?”

Namjoon flinches and briskly pockets his hands, “Uh- sorry,” But Namjoon doesn’t make a move to leave and is just standing there staring at Yoongi.

When Namjoon sees that Yoongi is only gazing at him dryly he goes to leave, there’s no point in even trying.

Yoongi shrugs it as Namjoon being weird and pulls his backpack over his shoulder, he’s opening the door to leave class when Namjoon says too loudly,

“Do you remember what happened at the party?”

Yoongi looks over his shoulder with a confused brow raised, “What party?”

Namjoon licks his lips, trying to swallow while his throat feels dry.

“You, uhm, at the party.” Namjoon stutters out, feeling upset about the fact that Yoongi probably doesn’t remember anything that happened, “You dragged me into a room and-“ Namjoon suddenly stops talking, but Yoongi is now curious to what he wanted to say.

“At the party what?”

Namjoon shakes his head pushing harshly past Yoongi who gives him a look. He sighs and is walking out when he sees a piece of paper flying out from Namjoon’s pocket.

It looks slightly familiar and Yoongi quickly snatches it before the breeze flies it away.

He feels the breath knock out of him when he reads it and finds the tiny little signature at the bottom of the note.

It’s – oh for fuck’s sake this can’t be! His secret admirer, the mystery person who leaves him notes by his favorite writers, is Namjoon. The Namjoon he hates.

Yoongi is suddenly overwhelmed with information, he doesn’t know how to react to this.

And it doesn’t help that he can’t remember shit of what happened at the party – and he knows that something happened between Namjoon and him because that’s the only explanation to why Namjoon was asking him if he remembered the party.

Yoongi flees the place, bumping into people and deciding to skip his next classes and go straight back to the dorm and have Seokjin comfort him.

“Hyung, I’m going to die.” Yoongi exclaims when he enters the dorm and falls heedlessly onto the couch where a Seokjin had been eating his ramen in peace and had been disturbed by the presence of Yoongi.

Seokjin rolls his eyes at Yoongi’s dramatic antics, “Leave me and my ramen in peace.”

Yoongi ignores his remark, “I fucked up.”

Now that has Seokjin putting his ramen aside – which is a pretty big deal since Kim Seokjin doesn’t usually put his ramen aside for anyone – and worrying over why Yoongi is looking so glum-like.