telling the mom of a bride

(Kara )
I can't believe I'm marrying cat grant in three whole days! It's all gone so fast! Everything is planned, cat will be walked down the aisle by Carter I'll be at the alltur for 9:30 there will be speaches and cake and Barry and Cait are coming! We'll be having photos done so my hair and makeup must be perfectly done , but not enough to out shine the queen of media in her moment . I know how much this means to cat and that's why it must be perfect! I want her to literally faint of shock when she walks in to the hall (not actually! ) but near enough. I want it to be as perfect as she is and I have so much help with it I'm confident it will go perfectly. Lucy has us all on a strict schedule, I'm to tell Eliza today if I want her at the wedding. Yeah I know , I should of told her when cat and I started out but I just couldn't face it and have been putting off. Now I'm so scared I don't wanna tell her because I'm scarred of how she'll react . I have no time to worry about that she'll be here in like three hours! Ahhh why did I decide to do this! "Cat , do I have to tell Eliza ? Can't I like forget or something? " I say to my extremely attractive wife-to-be . Cat looks up from the newspaper in her hands and smiles "having seconds thoughts on asking her hun?" She asks laughing "bit to late for that isn't it darling ". She's right "I'm just a bit nervous that's all " I say picking up my coffee cup . "You'll be fine , she'll understand don't worry , nothing will stop this wedding from happening we've waited long enough " Cat says kissing my forehead "are you going to get ready? " she asks. shoot! I'm still in my pajamas! I rush to my closet to find a good outfit. I end up in a beige knitted sweater and a pair of dark blue jeans . I take a deep breath , cat comes into the room "wow , that sweater looks really good on you " she says smiling . I blush "thanks cat " I say looking away to hide my blush . Cat see's it "still blushing over me Danvers?" She teases ,to her amusement my blush deepens "is Eliza coming here?" She asks on a more serious note . I snap back into reality " oh shoot ! Eliza! I have to get to Alex's !" I fluster . Cat looks for a second , a puzzled expression sits on her face. "She could come here" she says finally " you could say I called you for lunch unexpectedly and it would be more convenient if she met you here, then you could tell her about us easier " I smile , Cat always has a solution . " that sounds perfect cat I'll call her now" I pick up my phone . I have three missed calls and its 3:30 "KARA? Are you okay? " Eliza says in worried tone . " Oh yeah I'm fine , Sorry I got caught up , can I ask you to meet me at cats? We ran over on lunch. Is that okay? " I ask waiting for her response. " you mean you want me to go to CAT GRANTS HOUSE! Is she okay with this ? Wasn't she really mean to you what happened. Do I get to meet her?" She asks excited . I can see Cats smile from here , she doesnt need superhearing to know when she's being praised . " Cats not all bad and yes she is cool with you coming to hers she actually asked if you would hurry please okay?" I say. She tuts "oh kara, always the worrier, I'll be there in five meet me at the elevator? " she asks softly . I run down stairs to meet her . She's stood at the door trying to persuade the door man she's invited "Derek, don't worry it my foster mom, She's no harm cats expecting her " I say smiling at him . He nods "sorry miss Danvers , miss grant told me to be extremely cautious of people near , you know what, doesn't want it spoiled" I smile and take Eliza away from the door before he gives away my secret "Danvers selfie?" She asks taking out her phone. " danvers selfie " I agree . We get to the apartment, Cat is sat on the sofa withh a glass of brandy in her hands. "Keira ! Oh and you must be doctor Danvers , hello " she says . Eliza smiles " oh my gosh! Nice to meet you cat , karas told me so much about you" she beams . Cat smiles "only good I hope " she says looking at me. "Of course Cat " I say, cat looks at me for a second and I realize I just called her Cat ! "Are you and miss grant on first name terms ?" Eliza says , her eyebrow raised . My cheeks flush "uhh yeah cats not all bad , uh cat can I talk to Eliza alone?" I say looking at Cat pleadingly. Cat smiles and leaves without complaint. "So whst do you need to tell me Kara ? Something wrong? " Eliza asks as soon as Cat is out of sight . "Well.... there is this one tiny little thing ...." I say chewing at my sleeve in nervousness "go on " Eliza pushes . I look down " well , here goes nothing. Eliza I'm engaged, the wedding is in three days " I say quickly. Eliza laughs "is that it ? Gosh I thought you were in trouble, whose the lucky earthling? " she asks with a soft smile . "Well uhh before I say who can I just say I love them more than anything and am certain that they are my Lois Lane " I say . " um I'd think I'm the superman darling " says a familiar voice . Eliza and I turn our head to where Cat stands smiling "what ? I'm way to amazing to be the Lois Lane " she says rolling her eyes and smiling. Eliza gasps "no! Omg , Cat? You're marrying cat grant! Omg am I invited? Will there be cake? I need a dress!" . I take a deep breath " Eliza? Of course you're invited ! That's why I told you about the wedding!"

A/N: sorry it took me so long to update 😭