Page one

With the Arcobaleno trials all over and life returning back to 'normal', as normal as it gets actually, Tsuna just had to get dragged to Italy with all his guardians, something about settling in and the inheritance ceremony in a few months.

Tsuna still didn't want to be boss but considering Nono's age now, he basically had no choice...

Well he knew that two of his guardians weren't happy about being dragged to Italy, especially one of them, the Namimori prefect. Well the entirety of the Kokuyo gang ended up tagging along, something about not leaving their precious Mukuro-sama alone.

Thankfully that clingy girl didn't come along.

It had been about a week after arriving and Tsuna had noticed that not only Hibari wasn't ever around but Mukuro too... This isn't all that surprising of course, it is Hibari and Mukuro. But they knew where Hibari was, he usually was found sleeping in the garden or in the basement training... Mukuro though, Tsuna could never find any trace of him, he wasn't too worried though.

Until the Kokuyo group, Ken, Chikusa, and even Chrome, approached him to ask where their boss had gone, worried. Tsuna doubted Ken and Chikusa were okay with asking for his help, so he mainly listened to Chrome, who explained it better than Ken's insults.

"Have you checked in town?"

They tensed and made up an excuse to leave, in other words, no, no they hadn't checked in town.

Tsuna could only sigh, he had his portrait appointment to get to, Reborn had hired someone to paint him since every boss had to have his picture hanging in the hallway to show off.

In town, Ken was rushing around looking for Mukuro with Chikusa and Chrome trailing behind trying to catch up while also performing their own search.

Before long, Chrome had disappeared, now they had another person to look for.

The girl peered through the window of a cafe, she'd spied that peculiar hairstyle and split off from the two boys because she was curious as to whatever Mukuro-sama could be doing in a cafe. He never went out to public places.

When she drew closer, she was even more surprised to see him in the company of a woman, a beautiful one at that. She knew that he was aware of her spying on him, but she was too invested in watching them to care.

They didn't seem all that close, perhaps just friends or acquaintances, but she was like on another level, her smile was blinding for one and she had long glistening blonde hair, Chrome wondered how she kept it so nicely and styled, she had sparkling blue eyes, Chrome couldn't tell if they were changing colours or not. She even wore a dress worthy of royalty...

Seeing as they were both enjoying themselves, Chrome didn't want to interrupt and so left to look for the others, who shouted -Ken shouted at her for getting lost. After she said she hadn't seen Mukuro, they gave up and went back.

Chrome immediately confided in the boss, since... he was the boss.

"A pretty woman? With that Mukuro?" Chrome nodded as Tsuna repeated what she said.

"Are you sure it wasn't an illusion? Or someone else?" Tsuna tried to reason, thinking there was no way Mukuro would be with some random lady that isn't some kind of hitman.

"It was Mukuro-sama. I'm sure."

The whole fiasco was soon forgotten after Mukuro's trips outside of the mansion began to dwindle, soon enough a year had passed by.

Sure enough, Tsuna still wasn't willing to be Decimo even if he was officially.

Then, as if something just suddenly stirred up, Mukuro began to disappear more often... Well he was never one to stick around for long, Mafia and all, but he was somewhat 'loyal' to Tsuna... Loosely speaking, he'd do what Tsuna says if it interests him.

But now he was curious, what could the mist guardian possibly be doing? Hadn't he stopped his visits to that woman?

Overrun with curiosity, he assembled a team, Chrome and Yamamoto, to go into town to spy on Mukuro...

He was interested...

He gave them a camera each and asked them to report anything substantial to him, cameras courtesy of Reborn who also was interested.

So off they went.

"Is it okay for you to visit my shop so often?" A soft and kind voice asked from across the counter, the cafe was empty like usual, only a single customer sat across from the woman's gaze.

"I don't want to be ordered around by the Vongola, the Mafia in general." The man replied scornfully, only making the woman laugh under her breath.

"But you like them don't you?" She leaned down on the counter, her hand holding up her chin, "The Vongola people."

He looked at her amused, questioning her logic, "How did you figure that?"

"You're never sad or angry, you seem happy all the time." She smiled innocently despite knowing she was getting under his skin, he just sighed, irritated.

"I don't know how you see through me so easily. It's rather vexatious."

She giggled slightly, "I might not be able to see through all of your illusions, but I'm a pretty observant person~."

He stared at her for a second, a thin smile on his face, "I doubt that's all."

She grinned, "Fufufu~ I should be able to understand you considering our relationship. You see through me all the time, it's only fair~."

"Of course, it's only right that I know everything you're thinking." His smile turned into a 'I know exactly what you're thinking, how vulgar.' kind of smirk.

"I'll have you know I'm thinking about cows and cats! And whether or not I should bake some muffins for tonight. I suppose I'll leave out the chocolate hm...?" Now he seemed to be challenging her with his mismatched eyes.

She smiled with her eyes shut, it wasn't a nice one but a 'try me' kinda smile.

She could hear him standing up from the clatter of the chair and she opened her eyes to see what he was doing only to see him standing in front of her, she didn't have time to breathe before he'd leaned over the counter and captured her lips with his own.

Chrome was surprised to see that pretty woman again but even more so at the realisation of their current relationship, Yamamoto was just spamming the shutter and he even laughed as he took hundreds of pictures of the two kissing. Chrome was frozen, embarrassed and feeling bad for invading their privacy.

Tsuna almost fainted after seeing the colossal amount of pictures Yamamoto had taken of that moment. Reborn was just smirking.

"Do you know her Reborn?" Tsuna asked blushing madly, although finally calming down.

"No. From what I know, she's just a normal citizen."

"I.." Chrome started earning the eyes of the three in the room, "I think Mukuro-sama met her after visiting that cafe... -and he just continued visiting maybe?"

The Decimo sighed, "First of all, don't let anyone else know about this, not only is it an intrusion of privacy but if it gets out, this person could be in danger... Although Mukuro is there but I won't take any chances."

Reborn kicked him 'affectionately' "Finally acting like a boss huh, Tsuna?"

"Itte! Reborn!"