Page six

Being a part of the Vongola was simple, not 9-5 shopkeeper easy of course, but it was easy, excuse the coordinated attacks on the HQ and regular visits from eccentric people, a lot of rebuilding and hecticness... But it was never boring at the very least.

Isla didn't really know her position, she was just there. Well she supported the finances in some way, rebuilding her cafe and even helping out with 'the original goal', she housed poorer people and fed those that couldn't feed themselves. Including Mukuro with dozens of chocolate muffins. She really loved how Tsunayoshi had somewhat reformed the Vongola in so little time, he'd made the town livelier and all the people were in love with him, admired him, they trusted him to protect them. And he did.

The people used Isla as a messenger, she wasn't unwilling dragged to accept the role, she loved hearing all of their praise, passing it onto Tsunayoshi who would become flustered over all the compliments. Even though they could go and visit him as they pleased, of course after extensive body search and with an armed guard, they chose to use Isla as a medium. With good reason.

Although she was a part of the Vongola, Mukuro too, she lived at the cafe with Mukuro, because he was insistent that he hated the Vongola and was just there to take over Tsuna's body -something he hasn't made a single move to do. He still did the jobs he was asked to too.

Isla thought it was adorable.

It was peaceful like that for long years. The sun guardian managed to get a girlfriend too, the cloud built up his own 'disciplinary' force or something... He claimed the town as his own property or something, possibly because he didn't have a Namimori in Italy? He made one? Well it was all jubilous.

Isla couldn't predict futures anymore, she didn't get nightmares anymore, she was just a normal person. She began wearing those earrings, it was a symbol of marriage but no one needed to know that. In other words she was practically married to Mukuro without him knowing about it.

She had enough of family traditions though, instead she wanted to wait for him to actually ask her. If he ever would, she didn't really mind.

Unsurprisingly, her cafe turned into an orphanage, her house grew bigger and her face became more known. Mainly because she was the lover of one of the Vongola guardians, but in neighbouring towns, because of her charity.

Mukuro didn't appreciate all the children running around though, but thankful they weren't allowed upstairs in the cafe. Besides, there were only five.

There were a few minor families after her power, that wasn't actually with her anymore, but they were dealt with smoothly, in the end, her power became forgotten. As it should.

"Mukuro, I want children."

He choked.

The cafe was empty today, the children were nextdoor in the orphanage playing with the sisters, it was a rather tranquil day that he planned on spending with his girlfriend of five years. He wasn't expecting anything like what she just said.

"You already have five." Isla leaned over the counter more, trying to get a look at his face as he sat at a table with his back to her. He was definitely flustered.

"I want to watch one of my blood grow up. I never know when one of them are going to leave." She explained, bringing out a freshly baked warm and succulent chocolate muffin, she could tell he'd smelt it.

"You aren't bribing me with a muffin are you?" That was a deadpan, he wasn't taking the bait.

"...Two?" She replied meekly, managing to get him to turn and stare at her unbelievingly, "That's a no then?" Isla smiled.

He sighed, turning back to his coffee, "Do as you want."

She was beaming, red in the face but shining like a child that just got the new edition of a game. He says that but it's kind of a team effort... Well whatever, she wants to take her time of course, she's only... 22? Maybe in a couple years.

"I want that muffin now though." ...So he was actually taken by the muffin offer?

Grinning, she grabbed the muffin, both of them, and circled around towards his table, sitting across from him.

"Can I visit the Vongola HQ again?" She began, leaning on her hand and simply enjoying seeing him happy.

"Why would you want to visit the mafia?" He answered sourly, even though knowing they were both a part of it.

"It's been a while since I've seen everyone, I want to catch up." A lie, she wanted to brag about Mukuro actually accepting the idea of children.

"Why do you need my permission anyway?" He stared at her, who grinned joyfully in reply, something he didn't particularly understand.

"Because I don't like being separate from you." She was full of surprises and sincerity. Even her smile turned heartfelt.

With furrowed eyebrows, he looked at her weirdly, "You're awfully straightforward today."

"Is that so?"

"It's been years since any serious conflict, and you choose now to be so earnest? Hasn't the entirety of this year been pleasing?" Isla was amused by his confusion, knowing he didn't remember at all. Not surprising as it wasn't much of a momentous occasion for him.

"It has, I spent it with you of course. Today's just a little special is all." She let out a short breath, leaning back in her chair, relaxed. Her words confused Mukuro further.

"Special? How so." As she suspected, he had no idea. Funny in a way. Her smile was kind of irritating him, as if she knew something he didn't and teasing him because of it.

"Well..." She stood up, "I guess you'll have to find out..." She began to walk away only to be halted by an arm around her waist.

"I'd rather you tell me." She felt his breath against her neck, her back against his chest.

"It's not that important to you, but for me..." She trailed off, a nostalgic smile gracing her lips as she remembered a tall man barge into her shop, trident in hand, then going forth to beat up and kick out all of the thugs harassing her; he even then asked for a chocolate muffin, having smelt something delicious from outside. "It's the day we first met."

"Is it?" No consideration for her feelings, he just held her tighter. "Your cooking was better than what I expected."

"Mm. Thank you for being there for me." She leant her head back against his collarbone, placing her hands around his.

"Of course."