Chapter 3

-Alyssa pov-

I woke up from a dream filled with giraffes to find a tail in my face. The black and orange appendage swished back and forth across my face. I tried to push the cat away, but that unfortunately resulted in my hand getting clawed.

"OW!" I yelled at the furry demon, who had shifted its position from being curled up asleep to being stretched out across my chest. Almost immediately after I screamed, I heard a loud thump from across the room. I moved my head to the side to see Jay on the floor wrapped up in various blankets.

"Wa...?" I heard from the tangled mess. After about a minute, Jay was untangled and standing, looking around the room. After a moment, his head was facing towards me, and I noticed that he still wore the glasses. "Oh right. The amusement park. Come on." Jay turned around to face the opposite wall from me, and dropped the last blanket, exposing his shaved head. I looked away as he got changed. "Dunkin' Donuts?"

After his last statement, I looked back up at him to see that he was wearing a pink hoodie, pink sneakers, black skinny jeans, and the same beanie from yesterday. "What?"

He walked over to me, and picked up the cat. Jay began cuddling the cat, seeming to forget that I had said anything. "Who's a good little Butters? You are. Yes you are. You're a good, good little kitty aren't you, Butt-"

The cat hissed, and Jay through it through the now open window. The cat flailed unnaturally through the air, and barely a minute passed before the cat jumped back onto the windowsill to glare at Jay in annoyance. A can of cat food slid out from somewhere, and opened itself in front of the cat. As the cat, apparently named Butters ate, Jay said, "You'd better get dressed if you wanna go to the park."

"What about breakfast?" I asked.

He looked over at the cat with a look of disbelief. "Butters, did I not mention Dunkin' Donuts a minute ago?" The cat said nothing, but Jay continued, looking up at me, "Yes Butters, that's right. I did." To me, he asked in a tone that made it hard to tell if he was joking, "Do you have short-term memory loss, my child?"

I looked between him and the cat, unsure as how to respond. I wasn't against the free food, and joke aside this guy wasn't half bad. "Sure I'll have a donut."

"K. Get dressed. You have until the cat is done eating." Jay turned around, and bent down to stare at the cat intently, as if anticipating the moment when it would be done.

I quickly opened my backpack, not wanting to take any chances, and pulled out a pair of jeans and a red hoodie to change into. After a minute, a tube of Neosporin and a pack of bandaids made their way into my hand.

I smiled up at Jay, though he wasn't even looking at me, and set to work covering up the cuts on my hand once I was dressed.

<_<

"You ride a motorcycle?" I exclaimed starting at the two-wheeled menace that sat parked in the dorm building's parking lot.

"Why do you think I have this helmet?" Jay asked, holding up the shiny red motorcycle helmet he'd carried outside.

I didn't answer him and instead asked, "Why do you only have one?"

"You only have one head." He stated.