Chapter Twenty-one

Rainbow Dash's P.O.V
I feel oxygen rush in and out of my lungs, a pillow under my head and a blanket over me. There's also this really annoying beeping sound. I wonder why this all matters..oh. Wait. How am I alive? Am I really such a failure that I couldn't even die correctly? Clearly so. Even so, what is that beeping sound? I try to open my eyes and blink at the light. The room is white. Not my house were I last was. I open them fully and come face to face with them. Rarity, Applejack, Twilight, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Scoots...and Spitfire. This say can't get any worse. First I'm alive and now I have to talk to the people who hate me? I don't deserve human interaction.

"Dash! You're awake!" Pinkie cheers, hugging me. I pull away and cross my arms over my chest. She deflates a little and I feel bad I just don't...can't...trust them to not suddenly leave me again.
"How do you feel sugarcube?" Applejack asks. I don't even answer. Just give an annoyed look.
"Dash...please talk to us..." Fluttershy begs.
"Fine." I mutter.
"So how do you feel?" Applejack repeats.
"Annoyed." I mutter.
"Why?" Fluttershy asks.
"I'm alive..." I whisper. They all exchange sad looks. "Can you leave me alone?"
"No." Spitfire replies, cooly. Her next statement is laced with concern though, eyes worried. "You're not being alone. What if you try...you know..again?"
"Why would you care?" I question. "Plus it's my life. So go away."

I see Scoots eyes fill with tears and bite my lip.
"Please can I talk to you?" she asks.
"Fine..Everyone except Scootaloo go away." I say. They do, looking back at me.
"Dash...why would you resort to...to this?" she asks.
"What did I have to live for Scootaloo? Nothing." I reply. She bites her lip and looks down, lower lip trembling slightly.
"But Dash..." she whispers. "Everyone would miss you."
"Yeah right." I mutter. "If everyone would miss me they wouldn't of even stopped talking too me."
"Dash..." she whispers. "Look. I'm sorry. I never thought you'd try to...you know...try to..." Her voice trails off as she starts sobbing.
"Scoots...please don't cry." I beg. I feel bad, she's still like a sister too me. I give her a hug, trying to calm her down. She stops crying a little. Not much though.
"I'd better go...visiting times are over. Bye Dash." she says.
"Bye Scoots." I reply, quietly.

I sigh. I failed at dying... what if they go back to ignoring me? Probably will to be honest. Then noone could stop me...you know...again.