Chapter 15

[A few months later]

[Normal pov]

Amu lay on the couch watching the TV. Hikaru was sitting near her feet eating a Popsicle. He was wearing jeans and a sweater. On the TV was the 1968 version of Romeo and Juliet. Amu and Hikaru were laughing at how stupid it was. But no matter how hard amu tried to hide it Hikaru could tell she was worried about Ikuto who hadn't been seen in a month. He hadn't called except to say he was going away for a few days.

"Amu-Chan isn't the baby due soon" Hikaru asked as Romeo killed himself.

"Yeah in a week... I wish Ikuto would come back already" she said taking a sip of her chocolate milk.

"Wish and you shall receive." Amu jumped off the couch and wobbled a bit. Still not used to the extra weight. Ikuto jumped over the couch and steadied her wrapping his arm around her.

"Ikuto where have you been... How did you get that scar!?" she said placing her fingers on a scar on his cheek. He took her hand and kissed her fingertips. "Don't worry about me Amu I'm back." He pulled her closer and kissed her cheek. Amu snuggled against his warm chest glad that he was back before the baby was born.

"So Amu have you thought of any names?" He asked as he sat her back on the couch. Amu nodded happily. "Yup I got one for a boy and one for a girl" she said happily pulling Ikuto down on the couch next to her. He smiled and placed his hand on her stomach. Amu blushed and looked away. "I thought of one for a boy and one for a girl... for a girl Akiko and for a boy Akira." She said tapping her finger tips together. Ikuto smiled.

"I like those names they're cute" he said smiling. Amu leaned against his chest then looked at Hikaru. "Hey Hikaru why don't we go make some chocolate chip pancakes?" she asked. Hikaru nodded and jumped up. Ikuto seemed to remember something then. He grabbed the back of Hikaru's shirt and sat him back on the couch.

"Hikaru I need to tell you something" he said gravely. Hikaru frowned. "What is it Ikuto?" he asked.

[Hikaru's pov]

What does Tsukiyomi-sama need to tell me? Does it have something to do with work? No if it did he would ask me to come to his study to tell me, he wouldn't say anything around Amu-Chan. I thought as Ikuto tried to figure out how to tell me whatever it is. He placed his hand on my shoulder almost fatherly like. "Ikuto what's wrong?" Amu asked looking a bit worried.

"Hikaru your grandfather passed away a few days ago" he said looking down at me. A sharp pain came from my chest and everything felt cold. My eyes began to blur for some reason. I had never been close to my grandfather. But he was the only family I had. And he had done the things he did because he thought it was best for me. But still why I felt like... like crying I couldn't figure it out. I pulled my knees onto the couch and wrapped my arms around them. Something warm and wet was running down my face. I started to sob. Now that I had no family I would probably be taken away.

"Why did he have to die?" I sobbed. Amu's warm arms wrapped around me letting me cry on her shoulder. Ikuto was talking but I couldn't hear what he was saying. Amu stroked my hair trying to soothe me. I hugged her.

"Ikuto why don't we take him?" she said suddenly. We looked at her. "He's here all the time anyway and I'm sure it will be helpful having him around. He can help me with the baby. Come on Ikuto it won't be any trouble" she said as she wiped a tear off my cheek. Tsukiyomi-sama thought for a moment then nodded. "Yeah we can adopt him. Is that okay with you Hikaru?" he asked me. I just nodded knowing there was no way to say no. not that I want to say no. I would really like staying here with Amu-Chan.