Chapter 8- A Team

Monday 6am

"I'll take you to school today," I heard a faint voice call but decided to ignore it.

"Mil!" It called again.

"Fine I guess I'll just have to carry you out then!" It laughed.

Suddenly, Harry ran through the door laughing and picked me up then ran downstairs with me and threw me on the cold corner couch.

"Do I have to go to school..." I sighed hoping he would say no, alas, he did not.

"Yes," he said entering the kitchen to get me a cup of tea. "Want some Nutella on toast?" He called.

"Yeah sure, okay," I replied switching on the TV. I surfed through the channels and finally decided that I should watch 'Liv and Maddie'.

After eating I decided to carry on watching the television since it was only 7am and school started at 9am. Suddenly, familiar faces appeared on the digital screen, Max and Harvey have a DVD coming out soon too AND a book? Jesus these guys must be really popular.

PING

My phone chimed and revealed an email from Instagram so I proceeded to open it.

-------------------------------------------------------

Dear Instagram user,

We are contacting to inform you that we have retrieved you deleted Instagram account that you requested and we can put the account back up once you fill in the following security questions via the link below.

[link]

Sincerely,
Instagram.

-----------------------------------------------------

I followed the link and entered the requested answers to the security question system and to my surprise, it worked! I had my account back again.

@.Ameliaaa

Liked by harveymills and 267,019 others

@.Ameliaaa: I'm back beauties🌻

View all comments...

@.user1: what happened?
@.user2: slaying that classic mirror selfie x
@.user3: WTF HARVEY MILLS LIKED
@.user4: I ship it already ^^
@.user5: Follow me pleaseeeeee😭😭
@.user6: Ugly bih

Jesus that's A LOT more likes than usual plus why the fudge did Harvey like it, he hates me and I hate him... Also I'm trying to focus on positive comments rather than the negative ones.

:::

At school

"Hey Amelia!" Harvey called. I ignored him and continued to stroll forwards and avoid making eye-contact until I felt him pull my shoulder forcing me to spin around.

"What the hell do you want for gods sake!" I screeched.

"I kind of, you know, like you an-" he said.

I cut him off by sharply saying "well I don't like you okay? Now run along."

He pulled me closer to him and pressed his soft lips on mine, a part of me liked it whereas the other part of me despised it. The kiss continued on for about a minute until I realised what I was doing and pulled away. We stared at each other with wide eyes and took a step back.

"Wow," I mumbled.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me," he replied looking down at the floor.

"It's fine," I bluntly said walking away awkwardly.

Okay what just happened, one minute Harvey hates me and the next he kisses me, for gods sake this is all so confusing, I can't keep up with reality.

:::

The day went quite quickly and I succeeded to avoid Max and Harvey. I also had football club so I head over to the PE department where Piper was waiting for me.

"Hey Amelia, we are being assessed today so they can put us into teams!" She squealed in excitement.

"Ayee! I'm really excited," I said throwing and catching the football.

We both walked outside to where the coach and the rest of the people were standing including Max.

"Come on girls you're late!" The coach yelled. Me and Piper giggled and took out positions on the pitch.

:::

Mid-way through a game Max sprinted over to me and whispered, "I know what you did," my face grew pale and I replied with "What?" I acted like I didn't know what he was talking about.

"You know what I mean, you kissed my brother!" He yelled but whispered.

"No he kissed me!" I replied passing the ball to another member of the football crew.

"Don't lie to me, now you better do what I say otherwise I'll tell the whole school what you did and Louise won't like that,"

"Who's Louise?"

"Our squad leader and she has a major crush on him,"

"Okay but I don't like Harvey anyway, jeez," I said running away to tackle someone for the ball.

:::

"Times up guys I'll have the Team results out to you in 10 minutes!" The coach called, we have 10 minutes to cool down now, thank God.

" wow that was pretty intense, haha," Piper laughed then sipping her Teal coloured water bottle.

"Yeah, haha," I faked laughed with another fake smile. "So what's this whole team thing," I continued on.

"Basically, there's the A, B, C, D and E team with A being the most skilled and basically the better people at football," she explained and I nodded just as the coach arrived back.

"Okay team I have the results," the coach called out signaling for everyone to gather round. She called out all of the teams except for A meaning I either made it or that I'm not on a team at all.

"And finally the A team... We have, Max, Cadence, Holly, James, Nick and Piper."

Oh well...

Piper looked at me and gave me the "I'm sorry" look until to my surprise the coach spoke again.

"Oh sorry also on the A team we have Amelia, congrats everyone now go home," the coach sighed leaving.

Me and Piper hugged tightly and squealed,

"WE ARE ON THE A TEAM!"