Oh jeez

Thomas POV
~~~
Oh the wonders of debate. I already know that Alex has something against me. I've literally said one thing to him and not only do I have to deal with him for the next 50 minutes but, I also have to sit with his little group at lunch. I guess having an enemy already is kind of terrible since I haven't even been here for an hour. Anyways, I already found this Mr. Washington guy earlier because I was, and still am, very lost. As I walk in, I notice that Alex is here and talking to, well more like flirting, with a girl in a red hoodie. I scan the room and see James! Yes! I wanted to have some classes with him. Should I or should I not walk up to him? You know what, YOLO I guess. I walk over to the seat next to him and he looks up, flashes a smile,  and continues fiddling with his pencil. "Hey Th-" I had to cut him off. "Look, I'm sorry about earlier. I mean it just came out! But I can think someone's cute without wanting anything else right? I-" Maybe I should rethink this. I mean, he probably thinks I'm crazy. I'll just sit down and say something normal. "Hey, is anyone sitting here?" I noticed his bookbag in the chair so I wasn't going to bother him if he didn't want me there. "No, you can sit he-" (a/n being cut off is
James favorite hobby) He was cut off by some bald dude who looked vaguely familiar for some reason? We both whipped our heads around to see who I'm guessing is Mr. Washington. Everyone stared at him. "Hi guys! If you weren't here last year,  I am Mr. Washington and I'm pretty sure we have a new kid this year?" He looked at a clipboard and rubbed his chin. "That must be...." He looked around the room and back at the clip board. "Thomas Jefferson?" He looked at me and I could not remember where I've seen him from.
Flashback because I can't think of anything else

        "BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" Thomas was stuck inside of the bathroom as soon as the fire alarm went off. "Of-fucking- course, the one time I use the school bathroom." He wasn't even sure if there was a really fire or not but he was hoping that there wasn't. "SOMEBODY GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" He banged his fists on the door, doubtful that anyone heard him. "What the f*Ck" He tried to open the door but the knob was jammed somehow. "I thought they were supposed to get that FIXED" Thomas was screaming to himself in the bathroom, partial to the fact that he was angry and he wanted to get out.
        He sat on the ground and put his hands in his face. "Hello? Is anyone in here?" Thomas jumped up immediately and did a small victory dance. "Yes! Finally! Okay, dude I have been trapped in here for like 10 minutes because I think the door knob is jammed." "Okay, I can try to unlock the door. We seriously need to hurry though because there was a fire in the teachers lounge because of Mr. Reynolds." Jesus Christ, I hate this school, Thomas thought to himself.
        He heard the knob jingle and could hear the guy trying to save him sigh. "I thought they were supposed to fix this..." Thomas laughed and yelled through the door. "That's what I said!" Thomas was still doubtful he could get out before the fire department got there. "Okay so I have some good and bad news.." They sighed loudly. "The good news is that I can save you!" How is that bad?  "And the bad news?" "I have to maybe sort of kick down the door in order to.."  The strangers confidence made Thomas feel weaker for some reason. "Ha-ha, very funny. What's the actual bad news?" "Just move away from the door" There's no way some random guy can kick down a d-. Thomas' thoughts were cut off when the door came down on his foot. He didn't know if he should be groaning about his foot or celebrating the fact that a stranger just saved him.
        "Thank you so much! How come nobody came looking for me? How long was I in there for? Is the fire gone yet? Where are we going to go to? Who are you?" He spewed out questions faster than the stranger could wrap their head around them. They started walking towards the front doors and the guy immediately started talking. "Hey, hey, hey calm dowwwnn." He stretched out the 'W' sound in the word. "Can you just tell me your name?" Thomas was really anxious for some reason. "Mr. Washington,  And you are?" They exited the building as they introduced themselves. "Thomas, 8th grader."

End of flashback
Oh my god.. This is Mr. Washington from 3 years ago when I was in middle school. Realization hit me like that door hit my foot. "Okay everyone, take a seat. Thomas please sit next to James while you're over there." He flashed a smile and pulled out the roll call, I assume. "Ok so this roll call isn't in order, wow." I scan the room to see that I still have no friends except for James who I don't even think considers me a friend. Well, never say never. "Hey, are we friends?"

James POV (new POV 👀)
"Hey, are we friends?" Wait what? He considers me a friend? No, he doesn't James. Nobody actually likes you. "I-I would like to t-think so." Damn it, I hate it when I stutter when I get nervous. His face lit up when I said that I would consider him a friend though. Mr Washington noticed us talking and cleared his throat, noticeably directed at us. "Okay, since I didn't really prepare anything for the first day.." He scratched the back of his neck. "I'm going to split you guys into teams. They do not change unless somebody requests today." He started splitting us up and lucky me.. I got put on the team without Thomas and he got put on the team with Alexander. Alex and his group used to be friends with me but then I guess I started becoming distant even though they hardly ever included me in anything. Well it was more of a problem with Alex and John. John was nice but clung to him like a leech and agreed with everything so if Lafayette or Herc wanted to invite me somewhere, everyone had to agree to it because 'we only have so much time on our hands, James.' So, I started steering away from him. Laf and Herc still talk to me frequently though. I guess I wasn't the only one who wanted to complain about switching teams though because as soon as Washington was about to start talking, Thomas walked forward and was getting rather angry. "Okay Washington." He sounded really agitated. "Can you please switch me away from this team? I can't deal with this whore for the entire year. He's blatantly flirting with every girl AND guy on this team and if he even THINKS he can get this" He pointed to himself. "Then he insane so please let me switch." He pointed at Alex and everyone gasped. He had no look of regret. Mr. Washington was stunned for a second and I started laughing quiety. "Um okay, Thomas you can switch with Ja-" "Actually, can I switch with James?" Alex finally decided to speak up. He was obviously fuming and it was hard not to laugh. "Sure, if he agrees to. I obviously had no choice in this anyways." He mumbled the last part and threw his hands up in surrender. Me and Alex switched side and I saw Thomas do a little happy dance? Aw, that's cute. Wait no what. I'm not gAy. I think.I saw Thomas smirk at me which could only mean a bad thing. And now I'm assuming bad for me because he's starting to walk over to me. "You know you said that outloud, right?" Fuck. "I don't recall?" I remember one of my friends saying that once and me laughing at it for some reason. "Yeah, sure." He trailed off as if he was in thought. "Who do you have next?" He looked at the clock as if the bell was about to ring. *RING WIRNIWJNAIJNSJ* Well nevermind. "Uh, Mr. Lee?" He started smiling as we walked out of class together. "Great! Do you know where he is because I got lost this morning and that's the only reason I knew where Washington's classroom was at."

I LOVE ABRUPT ENDINGS HAHAHAHHA
1478 words
-sorry for not updating!-