Nightmares

The night was silent both Betty and Jughead lay asleep peacefully bundled  up in the sheets, cuddling up close to one another. Jughead wrapping his arm around Betty's slender waist to keep her close and safe.

Suddenly Betty made a few small whimpering noises and started twitching and shaking in her sleep. Jughead was awoken by these small sudden movements and saw Betty then wake up with a fright, tears in her eyes and rolling down her cheeks.

"Betty, Bett's what's wrong?" Jughead asked as he brought her close resting her head on his chest. Only letting her hear the sounds of his voice and heartbeat. "I, I had a nightmare. We were at the cliff above Sweetwater river, a-and i saw you jump of the cliff. And then you." She couldn't even finish her sentence as she took heaving sobs as Jughead tried to calm her down and shushed her. Her cries then quietend and she continued to tell Jughead her bad dream.

"Then i jumped off after you. Then i woke up. It was terrible Jug. I dont ever want that to happen." Betty cried
"And it won't i promise." Jughead smiled As he hugged her close for the rest of the night as if he was protecting her from the boogie-man and they both slept peacefully. With Jughead there she would be safe from all the terrible nightmares and will be able to sleep normally once more.

This is quite short i know but i had writers writers block and im in the middle of writing the next chapter for Hidden In These Lies. But i hope you enjoyed this oneshot all the same.