Part 7: The Drive

For the stars I get from first to end of my book The Forgotten Bride. I dedicate this chapter to PouAhSanDelPalacio, hope you'll also enjoy this one.

PART 7: THE DRIVE

Samantha Cris Cortez POV

“What?” I reacted shockingly trying to lower down my voice while he was preparing in making his way out of the shop.

“I’ll drive you,” he said persistently and gestures for my keys.

“No!” I said firmly crossing my arms. “You can’t leave Trisha here,” I said to him.

Where’s that girl when I needed her to stop this illogical man. I thought.

He hold my wrists at tried to called Rose's attention. When Rose got closed to us, he gets his key from the pocket of his jeans and hand it to Rose.

“Please call Miko and tell him to get Trisha,” he said liked they were really close friends. Right, I almost forgot their cousins.

Rose just take the keys without hesitation. And Jusvent on the otherhand drag me out of the shop.

He finally let go of my hand the moment we arrived where my car is.

“Keys?” He asked while gesturing to hand him the keys.

Left with no choice, I give him my key. He turned to the passenger seat and open the door for me. Sometimes, I can’t read him.

I slide in. He on the otherhand  closed the door slowly and run to the driver's seat.

“So. . .where will you meet this lover boy?” He said while turning the engine on.

“He’s not lover boy. He has a name and its Gian,” I said casually. “I’ll meet him at the mall,” I added.

We were silent the whole ride but I can feel my hear pounding. This deafening silence again is making me crazy.

Gian and I meet at a jewelry shop. He asked me to look for a perfect engangement ring since my ring finger are most likely the same with his girlfriend soon to be fiancee. This man has really found his match. Jusvent in the other hand, just followed us with this facial expression I cannot pathom.

“So. . .He asked you already?” Jusvent asked in a form of whisper.

I just glared at him that was kinda effective because he stops with he’s childish doing, I continue helping Gian pick up the ring that will fit to her woman. When were done picking, I waved my goodbye to Gian.

“Where do we head next?” He asked while following my footsteps.

“Home,” I answered and walked as fast as I can going to the parking lot.

I never talked to him. I never wanted to talked to him. I decided to never talked to him when I notice that he take the wrong turn.

“What are you doing?” I asked him disapprovingly.

“I’m the driver. I can drive wherever I want,” he said in an annoyed voice.

“I never told you to drive me. I can handle myself well,” I counter back.

“Well I’m sorry if I’m stupid enough to think that you might need me even once for a day,” he burst out. “I’m sick of you running. You thought I didn’t notice with what you’re doing? Did I do something wrong?”

I feel into silence. His words caught me on guard. And I just silently pray that this is just a dream.

“Did I do something wrong Cris? Tell me,” he said as he park the car to the side of the road.

“No!” I answered as I get out of the car and take a few deep breaths.

He followed me. “Then, why are you running? Why are you doing this?”

“I don’t know,” I answered. “I don’t know!” I repeated as I break down to tears.

He tried to come near me but I stop him. We were at a top of the hill. The city lights, the fireflies, the silence that surrounds us, this should be a romantic place but right now, it highlights my emotional distress.

“You have done nothing wrong,” I started to talked as I found myself a little fine now. “And I’m sorry if I let you feel that way,” I continue.

“What was it then? You can tell me? Is it Gian?” He asked sincerely.

I let myself laugh. “Gian has nothing to do with this,” I told him and give him a smile. “He’s a good friend Just. He always took good care of me, and when I’m missing you. . .He’s the one who always make things better.”

“What is it then? Should I have just not come back? ” He asked me.

I looked at him. I can see that he’s hurt. Someone said to me that ‘If I wanted to get over him, I need to told him what I feel.” And I hope this will work.

* * * * * x o x o * * * * *

Rosejeizel

All Rights Reserved
2020