0.1

Laughter was all that could be heard from Novas room upstairs. Nova and Flo decided that they should start getting ready for the dance tonight at school.

"Hey, how does this look?" Nova said while holding a sunflower yellow dress up, and looking in the mirror.

"I give it a ten. It'd look so amazing on you if you paired a flower crown with it." Flo said while curling her her hair, and pinning it up with bobby pins.

"You, know me so well." Nova said smiling. "That, was a brilliant idea to pair a flower crown with this dress." She started putting the dress on, and then asked Flo to zip it up.

"Amazing." Flo said grinning. "You look amazing, best friend."

"Thank you!" Nova said giving I bright smile of pure happiness.

"You are so very welcome! I'm so excited, not just for the dance, but I'm getting adopted in less that two weeks!" Flo said while jumping up and down in excitement.

"That, you are, and I'm excited for you too!" Nova said while engulfing Flo into a giant bear hug.

Nova and Flo started laughing some more, and plopped down on Flo's bed. Just staring at the ceiling, nothing more.

"Okay, let's finish getting ready!" Flo said in excitement.

"How's this look!" Flo pointed at the pastel pink dress she was holding up.

"Wonderful!" Nova smiled.

"Okay, Nova, flower godess! Are you ready, for the best night of your life?"

"Hell yea, when am I not!" Nova said while twirling around in her floral yellow dress.

"Then let's go!" Flo yelled in excitement and happiness.

●●●

When Flo and Nova arrived at the party they decided to go to the snack bar because they forgot to eat dinner earlier that day.

Flo got on her phone for a brief moment while Nova noticed someone who looked a lot like Andy Strucker (but wasn't entirely sure) rush into the boys locker room, while being followed by few other guys.

Something about them just gave Nova a bad vibe, and she wasn't wrong.

"Oh no." Nova said in worry.

"What?" Flo asked looking up from her phone.

"Hey, I'll be right back." Nova exclaimed.

"O-okay?" Flo said taken aback by Novas sudden change of behavior."

Nova started to walk away from Flo towards the boys locker room, but was stopped in her tracks by the school gym starting to shake violently. Her eyes shot back across the gym to find Flo looking right back at her in fear of what was to come...

All of a sudden a huge chunk of metal fell from the ceiling heading straight for Flo. In a split second, Nova found herself shooting an energy beam out of her hand towards the piece metal making is disintegrate into thin air.

Realizing what she had just did, Nova ran straight towards Flo wrapping her in a hug.

"Are you okay?" Nova said tears streaming down her face.

"Yes I'm fine, but what are we going to do?" Flo said wiping Novas tears away.

"I don't know, but we are going to get through this, okay." Nova said trying to be reassuring, but Flo could see right through it.

There conversation was cut short when they both noticed a girl known as Lauren Strucker bolt to where her brother would be... in the boys locker room.