Chapter 4

Sakura's raised a perfectly pink brow, twitching eyebrow. 'Had the old man completely lost his marbles?' That had to be the case; no way was she reading this scroll correctly. Sure, she had had gone through basic seduction but that had been two years ago which was clearly left incompleted. She had never gotten close to the most important part of said training and she had always had a sneaking suspicion that a certain blonde male had a big hand to play in that situation. Though she could never prove it. "Minato is always so meticulous when it came to his work. I would never have found out if he did anyways and I'm positive he did." She said as she gave a light chuckle at her words.

'Mina-kun would never have let me find out. I would have put him through a wall...or two.' Sakura mused.

Either way, she was still a virgin. A hopelessly, painfully, inexperienced virgin for crying out loud. Reading over the details of the mission, the pinkette grimaced. Lord Third had always been one for crude, tasteless jokes but this was far outside of his normal line of humorless jokes. What would make him give her such a task anyways? 'I did ask for an S-ranked mission but this was completely bogus. Shit...' The pinkette cringed.

Briefly, Sakura entertained the idea of returning the scroll and backing out of the mission all together. Shaking her head quickly, of course she couldn't do such a thing. Especially now that she had already accepted the mission after practically begging for one. 'I definitely can't now. No matter how much I want to.' she thought dreadfully. The world must have a sick sense of humor when it came to her. Here she is running from the judging eyes of her village for being a harlot...which she most certainly was not, only to be diving head first into doing a demeaning action along the same lines. 'I must have really pissed off the gods in my past life.'

"Anything else you want to throw my way amongst the mountain of problems you've already handed me?" She said a bit louder that she had intended with her hand thrown in the air, rather dramatically. 'Not that it really matter. Perks of living alone.' Her lips pulled into a thin line before sighing in defeat, she placed the scroll in the breast pocket of her vest and headed out. No sense on dwelling on this subject anymore. Sakura would definitely have to have a talk with the old man once she got back and let him know that his sick sense of humor was certainly not appreciated in the slightest. But for now, she was going to suck it up and get this mission over and done with as quickly as possible.

"The faster the better." She whispered to herself. Again, she couldn't help but note the irony. She wanted wanted to leave the village so bad that she'd accept any mission and now knowing the mission she was assigned, she already couldn't wait to get it finished as soon as possible. Yeah...she definitely had to give the hokage a piece of her mind when she got back.

Taking to the rooftops, Sakura ran at a leisure pace. Yes, she was still itching to get out of Konoha, however, there was a small part of her that would miss it. Long term missions were rare for someone in her line of work since she is the head of the hospital here. In fact, she hadn't had a long term mission since her Chunin days. Actually, the thought of not seeing her home for a month or so had bothered a small part of her but the pinkette ignore it. Admittedly, she knew that small part was thinking of Minato. He was her home for a long time after all. Shaking her head, the medic proceeded faster to the meeting point. She didn't want to think of him right now. If she did, she might have gone to see him before she left.

Ten minutes into her run, Sakura had gotten to the meeting point. It didn't take her long to reach the village gates before everything started to feel real. She was leaving and it was going to be bittersweet for her. 'This is what I need.' She reminded herself briefly. Looking around, it seems she had arrived earlier than expected, seeing as her partner for this assignment was not here yet. The only people around was the two shinobi that guarded the gate. She gave a small smile as a greeting gesture to which they nodded in return. It would seem she was a bit early, though that was not a problem, It was always better to be early rather than late. Sakura didn't mind waiting a bit, in fact, she made it into a bit of a game. A guessing game, actually. Something to do just to kill time until her teammate showed up. 'I wonder if I can guess my partner before they get here' She smiled to herself as she began to pace back and forth slowly. Silly, of course but why not? Waiting tends to be boring so this would be the perfect way to entertain herself.