Sparks Fly

So it's been a week since I moved in with Ivy. Everything couldn't be better, she's amazing and beautiful... Well let's ignore what I just said. It's noon and Ivy's cooking lunch while I sit on the couch and binge watch Once upon a time on Netflix.
I decided its not right that she does all the work while I be lazy. Popping my head in the kitchen I ask "Ivy are you sure you don't want any help?"
She cocked her head at me and smiled. "It's okay love, I dont mind," she replied as if she was helping a small child. I felt my cheeks burn a bright red and feel my stomach get butterflies. How does she have this effect on me? I've never felt like this before not even with Mister J. Could it be- no don't think like that. She would never be interested in you.. I shook my head violently, forgetting that I was still being stared at by Ivy. She walked over to me and placed her hands softly against my cheeks. "What are you thinking about love?" I could tell she was worried. "Oh nothing just dazed off I guess." Giving her a reassuring smile, I hoped she couldn't see the pain in my eyes. She couldn't know how I think about her more than just my best friend...

*Later that night*
Sitting on Ivy's small sofa, I thought about earlier. The love in Ivy's eyes, the gentleness of her touch, the soft, caring whisper voice asking if I'm alright. She was everything I ever wanted, her beauty, her intelligence, her caring personality, but why do I think of her so often? Why can't I let go of these thoughts? Am I-i.. no stop! You can't think of her that way, you cant lose your best friend. I doubt she'd even look at me the same if she knew how I truly felt...