date night

in this fic they are in high school (junior year)

Eddie knocked on Richie's door, smiling to himself. It was Friday and his parents were out, so they'd planned to have a 'date night'. The two had gotten together in their freshman year after many complications and waiting much too long to admit their feelings to the other. But now they were past that and happy together. Eddie was snapped out of his thoughts when the curly haired boy came to the door.

Richie smiled at him, his hair was a mess and he was just in an old t-shirt and sweatpants- but he looked just as amazing to Eddie as usual. Richie kissed Eddie's cheek and let him in. Eddie knew Richie wasn't one to be sappy and romantic, but a night in on Richie's old leather couch, eating pizza, and watching horror movies? That was a perfect night to him.

"What will it be tonight, my love?" Richie asked, grinning. The nickname had always given Eddie a happy feeling inside when they were younger but now he couldn't help smiling when Richie said it.

Eddie thought for a minute then smiled, "Night of the Demon!"

"Kaspbrak, you don't have the balls to watch that movie."

"We've been together for 2 years and you can't go one night without insulting me or my dick." Eddie shook his head.

Richie laughed and jumped on the couch, it creaked under his weight because of how worn it was. He motioned for the smaller boy to take the seat next to him. Even though they'd both grown, Eddie never caught up with Richie. He'd always been taller. Eddie brought the pizza box over and set it on the table, sitting down next to his boyfriend. Richie took Eddie into his arms and turned the TV on.

"Pizza please" Richie smiled and Eddie reached forward, grabbing a slice and feeding it to Richie. Normally, he wouldn't have done that for his fully capable boyfriend but Eddie didn't mind, feeling safe in Richie's arms.

The two boys finished off the whole box of pizza- neither of them sure how the other ate so much. Richie layed down, pulling Eddie on top of him. Eddie chuckled and propped himself up on the couch, looking at the boy under him. Eddie took in all his beautiful features, his freckles, the depth of his eyes, his curly hair that was falling into his face, and his dazzling smile. Every time he looked at Richie, Eddie's heart sped up. Eddie was in love with him.

Richie smiled up at him, brushing Eddie's hair out of his eyes gently. He leaned in and connected their lips. They'd kissed a million times, but both boys felt sparks each time. Their lips moved in sync, Eddie's hands in Richie's curly hair. Richie's hands made their way around Eddie's waist, and they both couldn't have been happier. They'd found the one.

a/n- this sucked lmao i'm so sorry.