Chapter 1

I walked into my room and slammed the door, I was so tired of boys, I was so tired of school, I was so tired of everything, I was just DONE! "Katherine!" My brother knocked on the door, "What the heck do you want?!" I yelled back. "Are you ok?!" "Does it SOUND like i'm 'ok'?!" "No, what happened?!" "I don't want to talk about it!" "You are going to talk about it! Open this door!" "Heck no!" He opened the door I forgot to lock. "What happened?" He asked me a little more calmly, I was laying on my bed, trying my best to contain my tears by burying my head in the pillow, "Why the heck do you care?" "I am your brother." I didn't respond. "Tell me what happened, what did Jake do?" "...H-he tells me that he wants to go out with me, so I say yes, and when I got there, I took his outstretched hand, we started walking and then he just stops, and shoves me in the mud. 'Why would anyone ever want someone like you, weirdo.' he laughed at me and then walked off." I told him, my brother placed a hand on my shoulder, "He is a jerk, you shouldn't have said yes anyway." My brother was terrible with words and what to say, but I knew he cared, "Hey sis, I got you something." He told me and handed me a box, I opened it, it was a fox necklace. "Thank you bro!" I hugged him, "You are welcome. Sister, I have something to ask of you." "Yes brother?" "...I have created a procedure that can change people into animals for a short time, I know this is a lot to ask of you, but I really need someone to test it..." "Only if you can make me into a fox, that would be really cool." "Sure sis." I got up and went to my brother's lab, he set up the machine, "Are you sure this is safe?" "Nope." "Great..." "Ready?" "Yes." He put the fox DNA into a tube, and started it. I felt a small shock then all went black.

"Katherine Can you hear me?!" My brother's voice asked, I sat up, I was in my room, laying on my bed. "...I-I can hear you..." "Oh good! You're awake! Thank goodness!" "Did it work?" "...let's find out." My brother helped me sit up and then he hugged me, I felt my body change, then I looked up, my brother looked a LOT bigger, I looked at my hands, or they were paws, "IT WORKED!" I called, "I-it did! You-you are a fox!" "I-I am!" I walked around the room, It felt REALLY weird, but I liked it. My brother picked me up and held me, "Wow..." he gaped, "I did it!" "Yes, you did brother!"