Chapter 2

Years Later...

I ran outside, my brother was dead, my house was destroyed, and I am now a homeless fox. I ran into the forest, where I was stopped by a boy, he had bright orange hair, I was in my fox form, he looked at me, and bent down. "Hello there..." He said, and pet my head, he picked me up and I laid tiredly in his arms, "Are you tired little one?" I nodded, he smelled like a cat. "Are you hungry?" I nodded again. "Let's go to my house." He carried my to a house in the woods, "Kyo, what is that?" "It's a young fox, I found her out in the woods, she is hungry." The boy called 'Kyo' told another boy, who had purple eyes and silver hair, and he placed me on the couch. He walked into another room, a little later he returned with a piece of meat, he placed it in his hand and held it out to me, I happily ate it. He pat my head, "Someone was hungry." He picked me up and placed me on his lap. I fell asleep.

Kyo's POV

I found a small fox out in the woods, she looked tired and hungry. She smelled like a human though, I took her home and fed her, she was now asleep in my lap. I pet he soft fur. "And why did you bring a fox home?" Shigure asked "She looked hungry, and she was tired." "It's a fox." "She smells human." He sighed, "I can tell." After a little while it was getting late and it was time for bed, I picked up the fox and carried her to my room, I layed her on a pillow. She woke up, and looked at me, "Hi there." The fox licked my nose, "Do you have a name?" She nodded, "...you do?" She nodded one again, and opened her mouth, "my name's Katherine..." it said, "Y-you can talk?!" She once again nodded, "I don't like to talk to people in this form..." "I understand. Can you change into your human form? Or do you have a human form? Wait, do you have clothes?" I do have a human form, I don't need clothes... when I change, I keep my clothes." "Nice." She changed into a girl, she had brown hair, and blue eyes." "...are you a Sohma?" "A Sohma? No, why?" "Just wondering, how did you become a fox?" "My brother created an experiment and turned me into this." "Hmm." "I will leave now I guess. Thank you for the food..." "Where do you live?" I asked, "I-well um... I don't have a home. I was out in the forest trying to find some shelter." I nodded, "I'm sorry." "It's ok... Il find somewhere!" "You don't have to leave, you could turn back into a fox and stay here," She thought about it. "If I wouldn't be any trouble..." "Sure." She turned back into her fox form and laid on the pillow. "Why did you ask if I was a Sohma?" She asked. "Well, you can turn into animals. I am a Sohma, I can turn into a cat." "Really?! I love cats!" "yes, just promise you won't tell anyone." "I swear! Just as long as you don't tell anyone about me." "Alright." "I'm really tired from running, if you don't mind i think i'll go to sleep now." "Sure, go ahead." "thank you." She rested her head and fell asleep. I decided to also sleep.