Chapter 3

//This chapter is basically just switching between Ian and Liam's POV.//

[Ian's POV]

"Sheesh, that kid is so nosy. Asking if I'm really a family friend or not. Psh--!" I spoke out loud to myself as I walked to the beach. I think I'm just gonna take a swim for a bit. My water withdrawals have been acting up a bit too lately now that I think about it. I sighed. Might as well take my time, 'cause once I set foot back in that flower shop, Lover Boy and that Kid are gonna drown me in questions... I walked for about ten more minutes, then made it to the beach.

[Liam's POV]

I paced back and forth in my room after I got dressed. Lyra and Shon talked in the other room. "Ugh! When will Ian be back?! I have so many questions!" I continued pacing, then I heard the flower shop's front door open and close. I ran downstairs, "Finally! You're back!" I said. Then I realized it wasn't Ian who walked in, but a customer.

"I'm sorry?" The customer said confused.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" I began as I walked behind the front counter. "I apologize. I thought you were somebody else."

"It's alright." The customer forgave. "Now, could I please get some--"

[Ian's POV]

I began to take my clothes off, not caring if anybody saw me. Then I started to walk into the water, then soon dove in once I got in deeper. My legs replaced with a siren's tail. I sighed while looking down at the tail, then started swimming deeper into the ocean.

[Liam's POV]

"Bye, happy anniversary!" I said to the customer as they left with their flowers, satisfied.

Lyra and Shon walked into the room. "Is Ian back?" Shon asked me.

I shook my head. "Just a customer."

"I'll go look for him." Lyra said.

"No." Shon stopped her. "You still need to recover from passing out like that. I'll go."

"Shon, I'm fine." Lyra argued.

"I'll go. Me and that guy may not have the best relationship, but I still have so many questions to ask him, and walking with him is a good chance for me to ask those questions." I said.

"You sure?" Shon asked.

"Yeah." I ran to the front door and opened it. "I'll be back in a bit." I ran out of the shop and towards the beach. After about a minute or so, I slowed to a walk. I looked around at the grass and flowers that I passed. I inhaled with my nose, breathing in the salty sea air. "I really do love it here." I thought aloud. I continued walking for about ten more minutes, then I made it to the beach. I walked along the sand and near the water for a bit, looking for Ian. "Hey Ian! You here?" I called out.

[Ian's POV]

"Uh.... this isn't fun at all... or calming..." I began to swim back up to the surface. I swam over to my clothes and got closer to the sand.

[Liam's POV]

I kept walking, until I saw Ian. "Yo, Ian!" I waved at him. He didn't hear me, and started to get out of the water. He flopped out, and used his arms to crawl onto the sand. Then whenever his legs were coming up out of the water, I didn't see legs. Instead, I saw a tail.

//A bit of a shorter chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. Stay tuned for Chapter 4!//