Family's secret debt

Normal. It's the word I would use to describe my family. Other than being as humans living under the oppression of vampires, our lives were better than most. I went to school, I had friends and my whole family was together, unlike most, we were very fortunate to not have any debt with the upper classes and royal blooded family's. Every thing was fine. Until one day, I found something that would change the view I had of my family.

"Mary! Where are you Mary?!" My father shouted from the living room as I stood there in his room upstairs, holding a piece of paper. My throat felt dry at the time, but I spoke up just enough so that he could hear my reply.

"I'll be down in a minute." I call back, still in shock at my findings. I quickly closed his nightstand and shoved the paper into my pocket before quickly making my way downstairs.

"What took you so long Mary?" My older sister asked with worry hinted in her voice.
"I just had to finish up some homework for school." I quickly lied. She gave a skeptical look.
"Next time you shouldn't be lazy and do your homework as soon as you get home." My father nagged me. Thank god he bought it.
'I just got to keep my cool.' I thought to myself as my hand tightened its grip on the paper in my pocket.

"Well dinner is ready. Come help your sister set  the table. We have a.........special guest tonight." My father chose his words carefully as he finished cooking the food. I knew exactly what he meant.
'So it's true...' I sighed as I looked at him.

"What do you mean special?" I nervously asked him. Praying that it wasn't what I was thinking, but knowing deep down who it was.
"I'll tell you when she gets here." He sighed, his brows were furrowed. Anyone could tell that he was nervous about our special guest.

"Is it mother!? We haven't seen her in forever! Is that why you said a 'special' guest?" My sister asked with high hopes. Father stayed silent and didn't even look at me as he set the food on the table.

"Father?" My sister ask with worry and confusion.
"Father, isn't there something you would like to tell both of us." I asked with a slight growl in my voice. His eyes widened in fear before he slowly looked up to finally meet my gaze. I glared at him with utter disgust.

"W-w-whatever could you mean?" He stuttered and stumbled over his words as he spoke defensively. I finally snapped.

"Just quit playing innocent already! You know what you've done! Now fess up already!" I shouted at him as I stood up and slammed my hands on the table. He flinched at my sudden outburst.

"Why in the world would you take money from one of the most well know royal blooded families in this country! Why in the world would you use you own blood related Daugther as payment for your fucking gambling debt!" I yelled at him. My sisters eyes went wide before she turned her attention towards father.

"It's not true is it? Tell me it's not true!" She asked in panic. Father didn't answer and turn his head away from our gazes as I handed the paper I found to my sister. She read over the crumpled up page and gasped in horror.

"Why would you do such a thing! We were finally getting things together as a family, so why!" My sister screamed through her tears. Father only turned his head away from her in shame as a look of disbelief crossed her face.

"Answer me!" She yelled at him in her fit of anger.
"I had no choice. If I didn't, they would've killed both of you. I was only trying to protect us." Father quietly muttered. My eyes narrowed on to him.

"How does this protect us! You basically just sealed our death sentences with your fucking debit! Well I hope your happy being debt free when we're gone." My sister finished off before quickly running out of the room. Silence swept over the dinner table as the unnerving tension lingered in the air.

"Tell me; who is this guest of yours exactly? I know it's one of those sadistic vampires, but which vampire exactly?" I pestered him, crossing my arms before looking at the clock.
"Well,......"

*DING DONG*

The door bell rang. Interrupting our conversation.
"Please get the door Mary." My father pleaded desperately, eyes widening as tears rolled down his face in fear. I glared at him before sighing.

"Fine....." I turned around and started walking towards the door. My heart started racing as I grew closer to the door. Every step felt painful. I knew that the person on the other side of that door would be my buyer. I can't turn back the clock. I know that there won't be anything left of our family after today. My hand trembled as I reached for the door. The door slowly opened to reveal a girl around my age with blonde hair and red eyes.

"My~ Your much cuter than what your father described you to be~." The girl smiled slyly as she walked past me. I could feel my blood grow cold at the realization of who this girl was.

"Mary, this is our special guest. She is the daughter of the man who I am in debt to. Her name is Katelin Ruz." My father introduced the girl to me with a forced smile. I could only stare at the two in disbelief.

"I hope that my daughter will be of use to you Ms. Katelin." My fathers nervousness was clearly showing.
"Oh don't worry, she's in good hands sir~" Katelin replied back with a smile that showed her interest in me. I shuttered.

"Pack your things Mary." Katelin ordered me. I hesitated in the doorway.
"What?" I had a hard time processing everything going on. Everything was changing so quickly; but, I understood the next bit of information as she turned her gaze towards mine and said.

"We leave tomorrow."

To be continued...............................

*Hey guys! Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked the chapter!