three | dr. k

They were peddling fast, Layla could feel the wind through her hair as they pushed into Derry. Bill had Ben on the back of his bike, Ben was starting to look pale.

Henry Bowers really did a number on him, and all Layla wanted to do was tell him much of a dickhead he was.

"I think it's great we're helping the new kid, but we need to think about our own safety.'' Eddie whispered. "I mean he's bleeding all over, and you guys know there's an AIDS epidemic going on right now as we speak.''

''Eddie, he needs our help. We can't just let him bleed to death. So, shut up and peddle faster.'' Layla said, glaring at him.

They pulled into an alleyway, where everyone got off their bikes.

''Richie, Layla, wait here.'' Bill said, before Stan and Eddie joined him into running into the Rite-Aid.

''Glad I got to meet you before you died.'' Richie said.

Layla rolled her eyes, ''Are you always so negative?"

''Are you always so negative about your feelings for Bill?"

Layla's cheeks turned red, ''I don't know what you're talking about.''

''Which one's Bill?" Ben asked.

''No one!'' Layla answered.

''The one that stutters.'' Richie smirked at Layla. ''Just confess your dying love for each-other. He's into you.''

Layla pinched the bridge of her nose. ''It's not that easy, Richie. What would you know about feelings?"

''My feelings say your stupid as hell for not telling Bill you like him.''

''I'm sick of your shit, Tozier.'' Layla threatened.

''Bite me, Steel.''

Eddie, Stan and Bill came rushing down the ally, and Richie and Layla stopped their fighting.

''What's wrong with you two? Layla, your face is red. Are you sick? Did you catch something?" Eddie rushed out.

Layla shook her head. "I'm fine. It's this heat, did you get the supplies?"

Bill looked at the situation, and looked back and forth between Richie and Layla. Did something happen?

''Just suck the wound.'' Richie demanded.

''I need focus right now.'' Eddie said.

They started fighting again, and Layla was starting to get pissed, ''Goddamn it, all you two do is fight! Ben is bleeding! Richie, shut the fuck up and let Eddie fix him! Eddie, stop letting Richie get to you!''

All the boy's looked at her, for they never seen her so pissed off. She could tell that a little of what she said made an impact on the boys.

''Layla?"

Layla turned to see Beverly Marsh walking towards her. ''Bev, hey.''