Chapter 37

I felt my whole heart pounding and my ears ringing. I just wanted to cry tears of joy. Actually, I didn't know what to feel. My thoughts were drowning my emotions. I covered my face to hide my tears of joy.

Hayes started laughing and all the guys jumped out from everything around us. From the park's play structure to the distance trees, they came running out with giddy smiles and all their phones pulled out taking multiple photos. Andrea, Anna, Maria, Mae and Jen came running out of the van as well. All squealing and taking photos also.

Hayes was still laughing as he got up from his knee and pulled me into a hug. "Is that a yes?" He asked in between laughs. I uncovered my face revealing my burning red cheeks and my whole face streaming with tears. I laughed, "yes! Grier you're such an idiot" I said as laid my head onto his shoulder practically sobering onto his whole shirt. He wrapped his arms around me and we stayed in that moment for a few seconds and all the guys and girls were still taking pictures. I looked at Nash and he gave me a thumbs up.

Hayes pulled back with a wide smile, "I'm the idiot? You Better watch your mouth Mrs Grier" he said playfully as he laughed at my face and stuck his tongue out at me. Gosh, sometimes he acted like a 10 year old.

But even if we were both still 10 year olds I wouldn't love him any less.

Everyone came running towards us now, all with their arms wide and open. Which caused us all to come to a group hug. The hug was filled with laughter and wide smiles.

And that's basically all I wanted for my birthday. To have some good laughs and create memories. I would've been fine with just watching a movie at home with everyone.

But I'm thankful that I got amazing people in my life that I was lucky enough to have a birthday I would never forget.

Hayes's POV:

A surprise is a surprise right?
And I wanted this to be a birthday she would never forget.
And I'm glad I achieved that.
Sure we were only 19.

But I wasn't going to give up on her that easy.

I know people who's parents got married when they were 16. And they were still together till this day. And that's all I want, I just want her, for no one else to have her, to be the reason her heart beats fast, to be the reason she smiled, because she felt like my other half. I didn't always want to be with her. Like when I'm sleeping, but even at night, I find myself craving for her presence With me and wanting to wrap my arms around her and protect her.

to be married to my best friend.

And I have that now.

Being with her was like a privilege that came with so many characteristics.

The day after we would get married..

Everyday she would be the first thing I would see in the morning, everyday she would be the last thing I would think about at night and probably be the first thing I thought about each morning, everyday would feel like I'm living with my best friend, everyday I would have someone to talk about random stuff with no matter how weird the topic was,everyday I would be able to wrap my arms around her or kiss her anytime I wanted... Why?

Because she's mine now.

And I'm not letting anyone take that privilege away from me.