13 || happy 17th

-Tori's pov-

.

"Hi Patrick" I smiled as I walked down the metal staircase and saw he was playing with Legos. weird kid. "oh- I- um- hi tori" he stuttered and pushed away the Legos. i giggled and put out my hand to help him up. "where are we going?" he asked and fixed the glasses that hung in his pale face, setting them on the bridge of his nose. "story time" I replied and he nodded following me to the library. I pushed open the doors and little eyes turned to Patrick and I. "hi guys." I greet them and Patrick took a seat. they waved and mumbled 'hi'. Carol was talking to one of the people from Woodbury while I took a seat next to Patrick.

"I'm gonna go get some water" I told him and exited as carol started reading.

Hershel was in the kitchen with Beth and Judith and were feeding her. "hey guys" I said cheerfully and they smiled at me, admiring the baby in Beth's arms. I chuckled and took a sip of my water, then breathed in deeply turning on my heels to go back into the library.

.

"Well I need to tell my dad-" I heard carl say and the door burst open. I stepped back with a squeal, surprised and he quickly helped me up and pulled me up the stairs to where rick was. "carl, whats going on?" i asked in a panick and he ignored me and kept running. "dad" he called and rick looked up. "what carl, I'm really busy and-" carl cut him off. "carol is teaching the kids how to use knifes and weapons" he spat, upset that his dad was being rude to him. He takes my hand in his again and brought me to the cell and sat on our bed and he set me on his lap. we hadn't really talked since yesterday, how are you supposed to talk without the awkwardness? I gripped the sides of his sheriffs hat with my fingertips and placed it on my head. a giggled left my lips and he smiled at me.

I love when he smiles.

I kissed his cheek and ran my hands through his hair. "Why'd you drag me through the prison when I was going to story time to watch mika?" I whispered and he laid us down on the bed so I was still on his lap, partially. "Well I went to find you and carol was saying "today we're learning about knifes" and I came into her line of sight and she panicked, asking me not to tell my dad and that's when you came in." he spoke. I nodded and rubbed my thumb in circles on his chest. "wanna go on a run with Daryl, michonne and I?" carl asked from above me. "uh- yeah. I haven't been out of the prison since I came." I said and reached up to kiss his cheek again. "Good. I don't like leaving you alone" he said. "overprotective are we?" I joked, and he sent me a playful glare. "I wouldn't say overprotective." he joked back. I giggled and asked when we were going "tomorrow morning" he replied, I nodded and curled up to his side and closed my eyes. Hours past and we just laid there, not saying more than a few sentences.

.

"Ready?" I asked and carl turned to me nodding "let's go" I smiled and took his hand. we walked to michonne and the car waiting for us while Daryl was sitting on his motorcycle. "Be safe" Beth pleaded. "we will" I said and kissed Judith's forehead. i turned back to carl and we sat in the back while rick sat in the front and carl tensed. "happy 17th" he smiled softy and I grinned, kissing his cheek and resting my head on his shoulder. "thank you" I smiled and wrapped my arms around his torso.

.