58 || surprise visit

AMAZING COVER DONE BY _JaneHope SHE IS LIKE BASICALLY THE MAIN B

-

Tori and carl had slept in the next day. This was a rare sight.

Tori had woken up to find carl reading comics and playing with her hair. It was heaven in her book. She turned her head tiredly, eyes droopy and a small smile on her lips. "morning, sunshine" carl smiled, leaning down to press a kiss to her forehead. "morning" she mumbled, curling into carls waist and the blanket. She sighed in delight when he repositioned himself so he was laying next to her, his right arm behind her head and the other holding his book.

"why aren't you working and where is belle?" Tori questioned, turing her neck to look at the brunette. "belle is having her nap, Beth had her earlier and my dad said I could have another day off unless something bad happened. otherwise I'm all yours today, and it's eleven in the morning now." he told tori, smiling at her then leaning over to kiss her nose and cheek.

"I love days like these" Tori whispered, snuggling into his side, more than she already was. "yeah, I do too" he said quietly, running his fingers through the redheads hair and continued to read.

-

Rick was covered in dirt by the time the afternoon rolled by and when he came into the cell block. He immediately took Judith from Beth then moved further into the cell block to peek into carl and Tori's cell.

Both of them were curled around belle, shielding her from falling off the side of the bed.

Rick smiled, looking to the floor beneath him then back up.

Beth walked to his side, watching him. "he's already a grown up." Rick said to Beth quietly. "He is. they've made their own life in this shitty world." Beth answered, then apologized for swearing.

"I still, after almost a year and a half, can't believe that my son has a daughter and girlfriend when he's only seventeen." rick shook his head laughing, then moved to sit on the metal staircase. "he may only be seventeen but he knows what he's getting himself into." she reasoned, sliding down against the wall.

"I trust him."

-

Tori and carl had gotten up by one pm (after their nap) and gotten dressed, had breakfast. Most of the people in the prison had gone on a run or working outside and the others were in their own cell block.

Carl walked beside Tori, pulling her closer to him by her stomach.
He leaned over to kiss her cheek and whisper an "I love you" into her ear as she giggled and tried to get away. "ew no" she joked, making a disgusted face.

Carl rolled his eyes with a smile and kissed her cheek.
Tori stopped at the doorway to wrap her arms around carls neck. "what're you doing?" Carl asked tori, eyes darkening as tori pulls herself closer to carl. "Nothing" tori answered, pulling his face down to meet hers in the middle.

Tori ran her hands through carls hair, she pushed herself to carl I'm attempt at being as close as possible to him. Carl gripped her sides, hoisting her up before she curled her legs around his waist.

Carl was the one to pull away first, breathing heavily with dark eyes. "this could escalate very quickly if we don't stop here, we're also in the middle of a hallway." he declined, offering a small smile.

"Then take me to the cell" tori whispered, nudging her nose with his. "I'd love to, but we already have a baby and can't afford another one. I can't risk losing you" carl shook his head.

Tori's eyes softened. "I love you so much, Carl Grimes." Tori smiled, a genuine, big smile. Carl's smile matched her own.

Just as tori was about to hop down from Carl's hold the big metal doors opened, a man with a metal hand walked through the doors, smiling wickedly at Tori and Carl.

"Well what do we have here" his voice was raspy and overpowering. "Well, what do ya know, is that carl? Little farm hat boy carl grimes?" The man frightened tori so she let her legs fall then rushed behind carl, who's body was still.

Carl looked at this scary person with cold eyes, demeaning eyes. "what do you want, Merle?" carl spat, his left arm reached out behind him for tori. "I'm just here to see my brother." Merle raised his arms, gesturing to the prison walls.

Carls height almost matched the mans, he was only a few inches shorter than him.

Carl didn't respond, he just stared at Merle as if he was the devil. That wasn't a good sign.

Tori stood behind carl, holding his hand for comfort with her head leaning on his shoulder. "leave them alone Merle." Daryl's voice yelled from the stairs, eventually he came into view. "what're you bothering them for" Daryl gave Merle a light shove in the cell blocks direction.

"They're makin' babies over here" Merle teased, "they've already done that," Daryl responded, pushing his brother again. "now let's go" Merle let out one more hideous laugh before going into the cell block.

Carl watched Merle disappear behind a corner then his face lightened when he turned to see tori, hardly giving her a glance before pulling her into his body.

"Are you okay?" Carl asked "I don't know why he's here, I thought he was dead." Carl insisted. "I'm fine. just scared me is all. He took me off guard." Tori replied, moving her face and snuggling into his neck.

"I'm sorry. he's an ass."

-

"Dad!" Carl yelled, angrily stomping onto the fields, a frown painted on his face. tori trailed behind her angry boyfriend.

"What the hell is Merle Dixon doing in this prison." carl was angry. Both tori and rick knew that. "daryl found him on the run today." rick answered.

Carl's eyes narrowed at his father. "get him out." Carl wasn't serious about a lot of things and he sure wasn't one to demand things but when it came to tori and belle he would stop at nothing to make sure nothing around them was going to be a danger. "I know all of us have our beef with Merle but I didn't think you did" rick responded, leaning on his shovel and furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah well he really scared tori and I don't want him around belle. that's that. I don't like sleeping with one eyes open and I refuse to. He will not sleep under the same roof as tori or belle. I won't have it." Carl all but yelled the rest of his speech, hands curling into fists at his sides.

"Carl." Tori said from behind him, leaning forward to grasp the back of his flannel. "we'll be okay. this isn't needed." tori stood before him now.

"I'm okay, so is belle. I was only scared because of the door and the fact that he was a stranger. There's no need for this" she raised her hand to caress his cheek, smiling softly. "we're okay,"

Carl leaned into her touch, kissing her wrist then moved his hand to match hers. "he can't sleep in the same cell block. that's the deal." carl stated firmly, before rick could answer then dragged tori back into the prison, into their cell, and closing the curtain.

-